Ahead of Monday's visit of Presisent Muhammadu Buhari to Benue State, stakeholders have set agenda of for his trip. According to the release, the president will have an interactive session with selected Benue indigenes and visit the IDP camp via helicopter.
Apart from Taraba and Benue, he is also expected to visit Yobe, Zamfara and Rivers states where cases of terror attacks and clashes have been recorded.
President General of Mdzough u Tiv, a socio-cultural umbrella body of the Tiv people, Engr. "We believe that during the visit he would give directives to his security chiefs who include the Minister of Defence and the Inspector General of Police so that things would be better for us in Benue State", Ujege said.More news: Andy Mitten: No issue between Pogba and Mourinho
The President who was in the northeastern state to commiserate with the people over the recent killings there described the attacks and bloodshed as unfortunate.
The President also assured the people of Benue that he can not overlook the killings in Benue or any other part of Nigeria.
"We have no federal project in Benue State, Ortom does not make law, Benue People made the law, JS Tarka fought for the unity of our country Nigeria, Mr. President the Tiv people are not happy about your reaction towards the killing of Tiv farmers by Fulani herdsmen".More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
"We will also let the president know that there is no going back on our ranching law". He said he is genuinely anxious about the attacks in Benue and doing everything to end them.
Obasanjo said that he laid the wreath to sufficiently express his sorrow, empathy and sympathy to the families that lost their loved ones, the governor and people of the state and Nigerians.
Malam Shetima Mohammed, a representative of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Benue Chapter, however, denied responsibility for the Benue attacks.More news: Ohio State Men's Basketball Headed Back To NCAA Tournament
"I am getting to know this in this meeting".
- Ten People Face Drug-Related Charges
- Saudi Arabia not ready for Aramco IPO this year
- Family files lawsuit over lost embryos at OH hospital
- Djokovic beaten by world number 109
- Yankees signing Neil Walker for $5 million, AP source says
- #1 UVA beats #12 UNC; wins ACC Tourney title
- Russia Defence Ministry releases video of hypersonic missile test
- Hearthstone kicks off the Year of the Raven with The Witchwood expansion
- WWW inventor says the Web is "under threat"
- Trump could tap Microsoft alum Liddell as economic adviser