Jacksonville Jaguarsreceiver Allen Robinsonintends to sign with the Chicago Bearson a three-year, $42 million deal barring any last-minute snags when free agency opens Wednesday, he told ESPN's Josina Anderson late Monday night. The Bears already have a stable starting quarterback in Mitchell Trubisky, but they still need to surround him with more weapons to make him more risky.
If you didn't have a chance to read that, take a look (LINK). He had a breakout year in 2015 as he grabbed 80 balls for 1,400 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns.More news: The Death Star No Longer, 'American Idol' Still Draws a Crowd
Restricted free agents are players with three accrued seasons.
Robinson, 24, is recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, which sidelined him for all but three plays of the 2017 season.More news: Rad claims fourth gold medal for Ukraine at 2018 Winter Paralympics
As a rookie out of Penn State in 2014, Robinson had 48 catches for 548 yards and two touchdowns in 10 games before a season-ending foot injury. After leading the National Football League with 31 catches of 20 or more yards in 2015, Robinson had just 11 in 2016.
Both wide receiver Cameron Meredith and Josh Bellamy were given original round tenders at $1.907 million, per the Chicago Tribune. The Bears also are interested in receiver Albert Wilson. Robinson is the type of player who can make sideline catches and be a weapon in the red zone. The bar certainly isn't too high for Robinson, and it's not like he's coming to a franchise known for its receivers - his 2015 numbers would have ranked first in Bears history in touchdowns and tied for third in yards.More news: Sevilla the most important game of the season: Matic
But the guy who should've been the Bears' first priority is Sammy Watkins because he would've given the Bears something they don't have: A receiver with separation speed.
- Tata Sons said to raise $1.38 billion in upsized TCS offering
- HBO orders Nicole Kidman limited series The Undoing
- Trump's massive tariff announcement is twisting the political world in knots
- Rain & Snow Early, Slowly Clearing Skies Tomorrow
- Apple Allowing Companies To Create Lightning To 3.5mm Cables
- Woods, Els to be named Presidents Cup captains
- We're In! Seminoles Selected To Play in NCAA Tournament
- United States detecting some Taliban interest in Afghan peace talks - Mattis
- Matt Le Tissier: Mauricio Pellegrino was too negative at Southampton
- World stocks bask in U.S. jobs data glow