Typing "Bike sharing" into Apple Maps' search bar will find the stations of the local service, so you'll know where to pick up and drop off a bike. Through the partnership, Apple is sharing Ito World's bike data feed that includes information for 179 cities in 36 countries.
Once again, Apple chose to integrate an existing data set instead of putting together this data in-house. But now many people in more than 175 cities have easy access to bike-sharing data just by using the Apple Maps app.More news: Federer wins, Djokovic out at Indian Wells
The list of supported bike services in each city isn't comprehensive, but Apple may add more in the future. As the name of bike service is different in every city, so this feature can facilitate you in local bike sharing service.
As TechCrunch notes Apple Maps doesn't show bike availability or empty spots for now, but hopefully that will come soon.More news: Trump charges Ross with pushing European Union to lower tariffs, European Union demurs
Apple is adding more features to Apple Maps in order to get the attention of audience who are more tilted towards Google Maps. Some of the services now supported include Citi Bike in New York City, Ford GoBike in San Francisco, Santander Cycles in London, BIXI in Montreal, CityCycle in Brisbane, and nextbike in Germany, Austria, Croatia, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, among many others. It doesn't tell you if a startup is operating a dock-less bike-sharing service in that city, so you'll have to open the Mobike, Ofo or oBike app yourself.
Apple Maps' bike-sharing data has been expanded.More news: Boots Riley's "Sorry to Bother You" Looks Insanely Funny from First Trailer
- Mohammed Shami row : Kolkata police seek details of cricketer's travel from BCCI
- Helicopter Chartered For Photography Shoot Crashes In New York City
- Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool will carry on paying big money in transfer market
- Top 10 NFL Free Agents On The Market
- Jets now lead National Football League in cap space following Browns trades
- Spotify Enlists Its Users to Add Music Metadata
- ''Bookkeeper of Auschwitz'' Oskar Groening dies before starting sentence
- NCAA Tournament: Florida State receives second straight berth
- Tamba Hali released by Kansas City Chiefs
- Google Pay now allow users to send money via Google Contacts