WWE wrestler Jeff Hardy has been arrested for "driving while impaired" after he allegedly crashed his auto into a guiderail. However, there were no reports stating if Hardy had sustained any injuries in the accident. This is standard procedure for such arrests in North Carolina.
The report also says Hardy ran off the road and struck about 105 feet of guardrail before spinning to the left and coming to rest in the middle of the northbound lane.More news: Urgent work in US forces Tillerson to cut Africa trip short
The following statement was released by WWE regarding Hardy's weekend arrest per PWInsider. Neither the police nor the WWE have explained the details of his impairment.
Jeff Hardy has been out of action since September of a year ago, and underwent surgery to fix a torn rotator cuff back in October. He has a court date set for April 16 - eight days after WrestleMania 34, which is set for April 8 in New Orleans - and has already seen his drivers license revoked for a minimum of 30 days. He was recently cleared to return and was scheduled to begin training at the WWE Performance Centre in Orlando this month.More news: Stokes to stand trial during India series
The legendary high-flyer had received medical clearance from his surgeon to get back into the ring.
WWE taped The Ultimate Deletion match with Hardy vs. Wyatt at Matt's compound in Cameron, NC last week but there's no word yet on if Jeff was used at the filming or if WWE would edit him out due to the DWI charge.More news: New Honor 7X Face feature unveiled; check it out
Another report from TMZ revealed that Hardy submitted to a breath test which revealed that he was three times over the legal limit. Hardy is part of The Hardy Boyz tag team with his real-life brother, Matt Hardy. He is the eighteenth Triple Crown Champion and the ninth Grand Slam Champion in WWE history.
- Comedian and actor Ken Dodd dead at 90
- Trump orders stiff trade tariffs, unswayed by grim warnings
- 'Myanmar builds military bases in Rohingya homes, mosques'
- North Korean defector hits Paralympic ice for South Korea
- Cech happy to end frustrating wait for 200th clean sheet
- Khloe Kardashian Throws A Pink Themed Baby Shower
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero confirms knee injury
- Manchester United still waiting for Sanchez to shine
- NCAA Tournament: TCU a 6-seed; Texas Tech heading to Dallas
- WhatsApp changes its key message deletion feature again