The extension of the time limit was also made available later on iOS and Windows Phone updates. To be precise, one hour 8 minutes and 16 seconds, beyond which, the user can not erase messages.
The "Delete for Everyone" feature was introduced by WhatsApp a year ago in November which allowed the users to delete a sent message within 420 seconds or 7 minutes. With this, iPhone and iPad (LTE) users will be able to delete unintended messages from group chats after more than an hour. According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp's "Block revoke request" feature will quietly add some protection to prevent misuse of the "Delete for Everyone" feature.More news: Trump pushing gun reform proposals that include age limit increase on purchases
The caveats that have always applied to this feature still apply: short of brainwashing someone, the effectiveness of the feature is limited if your friends have already opened up the message. The latest WhatsApp version 2.18.31. will extend the time set for reviewing a message sent to a contact, or in a group. When the recipient received this particular message contained the revoke request, WhatsApp checked if the ID of the message was present in the database and directly deleted it.
With this new addition, WhatsApp is sticking to 24 hours as a reference time period in order to ensure that the recipient or recipients in case of group chat have ample time to receive the revoke request.More news: Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
What's more, if you do delete a message, the other people in the conversation see a "message deleted" alert - so they know that you've said something you've regretted, and may ask you some awkward questions about it.
WhatsApp has extended the time frame in which you can delete your sent message to one hour. The update is a step to curb exploitation of a feature that was deemed useful by those using the platform.More news: WHO Warns of Mysterious and Deadly New Epidemic Disease X
- Phil Spencer Wants Xbox/PlayStation Cross Platform Play in Fortnite
- Raid on Iran's Diplomatic Residence in Vienna: Attacker Shot Dead
- 'Armed' PAOK owner invades pitch, confronts referee after late confusion
- Warren Gatland celebrates 'a job done' as Wales conquer Italy
- Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost
- Manchester United still waiting for Sanchez to shine
- OnePlus 5/5T to get Android 8.1 update soon
- Fiorentina pay tribute to Davide Astori during win over Benevento
- Church of Scientology to launch TV network
- Utica mother charged after baby found in street