The extension of the time limit was also made available later on iOS and Windows Phone updates. To be precise, one hour 8 minutes and 16 seconds, beyond which, the user can not erase messages.
The "Delete for Everyone" feature was introduced by WhatsApp a year ago in November which allowed the users to delete a sent message within 420 seconds or 7 minutes. With this, iPhone and iPad (LTE) users will be able to delete unintended messages from group chats after more than an hour. According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp's "Block revoke request" feature will quietly add some protection to prevent misuse of the "Delete for Everyone" feature.More news: Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost
The caveats that have always applied to this feature still apply: short of brainwashing someone, the effectiveness of the feature is limited if your friends have already opened up the message. The latest WhatsApp version 2.18.31. will extend the time set for reviewing a message sent to a contact, or in a group. When the recipient received this particular message contained the revoke request, WhatsApp checked if the ID of the message was present in the database and directly deleted it.
With this new addition, WhatsApp is sticking to 24 hours as a reference time period in order to ensure that the recipient or recipients in case of group chat have ample time to receive the revoke request.More news: Japan ministry admits doctoring documents linked to PM's wife
What's more, if you do delete a message, the other people in the conversation see a "message deleted" alert - so they know that you've said something you've regretted, and may ask you some awkward questions about it.
WhatsApp has extended the time frame in which you can delete your sent message to one hour. The update is a step to curb exploitation of a feature that was deemed useful by those using the platform.More news: OnePlus 5/5T to get Android 8.1 update soon
- Manchester United still waiting for Sanchez to shine
- Kawhi Leonard: Could return vs. Pelicans
- Sensex, Nifty climb almost 1% on positive global cues
- Tim McGraw collapses during Ireland concert, reports say
- RWE, E.ON reshape German power sector in Innogy deal
- Comedian and actor Ken Dodd dead at 90
- WHO Warns of Mysterious and Deadly New Epidemic Disease X
- Childcare worker jailed after drugging kids to 'go tanning'
- 'Armed' PAOK owner invades pitch, confronts referee after late confusion
- Warren Gatland celebrates 'a job done' as Wales conquer Italy