Both men were immediately caught and thrashed by the crowd before the Punjab police took them into custody. The student also managed to reach in front of Sharif and chanted "Labbaik Ya Rasoolullah" slogan.
Video footage showed Sharif was shocked and shaken in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
The event was resumed after Munawwar was detained and Sharif addressed the gathering.More news: WHO Warns of Mysterious and Deadly New Epidemic Disease X
After being handed over to the police, he taken to the nearby Service Hospital due to the injuries sustained after being beaten up by the security personnel at the venue. As per the reports, the attacker was identified as the Talha Munawar, who was a former student of the seminary.
The incident comes days after another PML-N leader, Ahsan Iqbal, had a shoe thrown at him, making it the third incident of similar nature against the ruling party's top leadership in recent days.
Meanwhile, another man hurled his shoe at the former premier, almost hitting him.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Foreign Minister Khwaja Asif, who became the latest victim of ink attack, said the incident won't change his politics. After the incidence, Khawaja Asif said that he should be released saying he has no enmity with him.More news: Packers reportedly add DeShone Kizer in Damarious Randall trade with Browns
"Haven't you talked about dragging opponents by their neck from Prime Minister House?" she asked.
In its message on micro-blogging site Twitter, Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) said that it was regrettable that PML-N's policies have turned the people against the party to the extent that they have resorted to such antics.
Maryam also criticised the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) on the handling of the Panama Papers case and said that it found "nothing despite spending millions of Pakistani rupees".
The shoe hit the leader of Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) on his shoulder, reported The Express Tribune.More news: Scam and stealing offences, Brisbane and Gold Coast
- Militants Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Anantnag: Army
- Trump pushing gun reform proposals that include age limit increase on purchases
- Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament
- The Best 2018 TicketGuardian 500 Lineup — Fantasy NASCAR Picks
- Kyrie Irving Exits Game With Knee Soreness
- #1 Virginia Ready to Face #12 North Carolina in ACC Championship Game
- Raid on Iran's Diplomatic Residence in Vienna: Attacker Shot Dead
- Utica mother charged after baby found in street
- Forecast: Rain develops tonight; a chance for snow late Monday