Both men were immediately caught and thrashed by the crowd before the Punjab police took them into custody. The student also managed to reach in front of Sharif and chanted "Labbaik Ya Rasoolullah" slogan.
Video footage showed Sharif was shocked and shaken in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
The event was resumed after Munawwar was detained and Sharif addressed the gathering.More news: Fiorentina pay tribute to Davide Astori during win over Benevento
After being handed over to the police, he taken to the nearby Service Hospital due to the injuries sustained after being beaten up by the security personnel at the venue. As per the reports, the attacker was identified as the Talha Munawar, who was a former student of the seminary.
The incident comes days after another PML-N leader, Ahsan Iqbal, had a shoe thrown at him, making it the third incident of similar nature against the ruling party's top leadership in recent days.
Meanwhile, another man hurled his shoe at the former premier, almost hitting him.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Foreign Minister Khwaja Asif, who became the latest victim of ink attack, said the incident won't change his politics. After the incidence, Khawaja Asif said that he should be released saying he has no enmity with him.More news: WHO Warns of Mysterious and Deadly New Epidemic Disease X
"Haven't you talked about dragging opponents by their neck from Prime Minister House?" she asked.
In its message on micro-blogging site Twitter, Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) said that it was regrettable that PML-N's policies have turned the people against the party to the extent that they have resorted to such antics.
Maryam also criticised the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) on the handling of the Panama Papers case and said that it found "nothing despite spending millions of Pakistani rupees".
The shoe hit the leader of Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) on his shoulder, reported The Express Tribune.More news: The Best 2018 TicketGuardian 500 Lineup — Fantasy NASCAR Picks
- Melrose Raises Offer for GKN to $11.2 Billion to Sway Investors
- Kyrie Irving Exits Game With Knee Soreness
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament
- Kawhi Leonard: Could return vs. Pelicans
- Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
- Renee Baio reveals she was diagnosed with a brain disease
- Automakers respond to Trump's proposed steel, aluminum import tariff increases
- Church of Scientology to launch TV network
- Trump pushing gun reform proposals that include age limit increase on purchases
- Militants Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Anantnag: Army