Police are investigating 12 offences which have occurred between Brisbane and the Gold Coast since January involving nine people, all believed to be tourists from Ireland.
"We are working closely with Queensland Police regarding those remaining onshore, and also engaging with worldwide partners to ensure all relevant information on the group is understood and shared", he said.
"Five men are alleged to have defrauded an elderly man of more than AUS$25,000 for repairs to a roof that wasn't conducted". It's also been alleged that a driveway fix in Oxenford was arranged with an Irish person but the services were not carried out.
The women in the group reportedly distract shop keepers while their children steal items from the stores.More news: Flake Calls for 2020 Trump Primary Challenger
There was also an alleged assault in Fortitude Valley.
"It appears these matters have some connection", he said.
"We've got a team of people at the moment actively looking for these people".
The remaining four suspects, two men and two women, may no longer be in Queensland but police have alerted Australian Border Force of their details.More news: Printable NCAA Tournament Bracket 2018: Where to Download Complete Bracket
Det Supt Fleming said a decision on whether to pursue extradition would be dependent on the relative benefit to the community. It's hard enough for small businesses to make a dollar.
Detective Superintendent Tony Fleming says there was nothing they could do to stop the five leaving Australia. They are aggressive and usually work in groups of two or more.
"Detectives are still working on the investigations in respect of those particular individuals where there are some allegations about those people in terms of fraud and some damage to property", he said. Anyone who recognises these people or where they may be are asked to contact police.More news: The Best 2018 TicketGuardian 500 Lineup — Fantasy NASCAR Picks
- Kyrie Irving Exits Game With Knee Soreness
- Auburn faces Charleston on Friday in return to NCAA Tournament
- Packers reportedly add DeShone Kizer in Damarious Randall trade with Browns
- Trump Is 'Not Backing Down' on Tariffs Plan
- #1 Virginia Ready to Face #12 North Carolina in ACC Championship Game
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament
- Team spirit the key as Ireland take title in their suits
- Automakers respond to Trump's proposed steel, aluminum import tariff increases
- OJ Simpson confessed to murdering Nicole & Ron
- José Mourinho says United have 'die or live' week ahead