Renee Baio, the wife of actor Scott Baio, has revealed she has a brain disease.
Replying to a fan asking about her health struggles, Renee tweeted: "Besides having two meningioma brain tumours, in October 2017 I also learned I have microvascular brain disease".
Baio, 57, confirmed the news in a heartfelt retweet of his wife's post about her diagnosis. Renee is forever my rock, my life and my soulmate! "Toughest person I know", Scott Baio added Saturday.More news: Trump uses antisemitic dogwhistle during Gary Cohn's sendoff
According to Healthline, the term "microvascular brain disease" describes changes to the small blood vessels in the brain that can damage brain tissue with nerve fibers which connect other parts of the brain.
The pair have been married since 2007 and share a daughter, Bailey Deluca Baio, 10.
"She was a former stuntwoman and had a massive brain injury in '92 due to a jet ski accident", he says. "We don't know if her tumors and this new disease has anything to do with this", the Happy Days alum said. While many people who have the disease may not experience any symptoms, it may cause a loss of thinking skills, problems with balance, or tiny strokes.More news: Marvel Shot Caller Kevin Feige Teases a 'Finality' to 'Avengers: Infinity War'
"We don't know if her tumors and this new disease have anything to do with this", Baio said.
Scott then chimed in, confirming his wife's health update. They both made headlines when Scott's former Charles in Charge co-star, Nicole Eggert, 46, accused the actor of alleged sexual assault and molestation when she was underage and starring on the show with him. After Bailey was misdiagnosed with glutaric acidemia type 1, a rare metabolic condition, the pair created The Bailey Baio Angel Foundation, a non-profit for special needs children affected by metabolic disorders. She has also reportedly battled breast cancer. In 2015, the stuntwoman was found with a meningioma brain tumor.More news: Church of Scientology to launch TV network
- US officials say no added conditions for North Korea talks
- OnePlus 5/5T to get Android 8.1 update soon
- Bon Jovi is Honored with Icon Award at iHeartRadio Music Awards 2018!
- Packers reportedly add DeShone Kizer in Damarious Randall trade with Browns
- WHO Warns of Mysterious and Deadly New Epidemic Disease X
- Printable NCAA Tournament Bracket 2018: Where to Download Complete Bracket
- The Best 2018 TicketGuardian 500 Lineup — Fantasy NASCAR Picks
- Scam and stealing offences, Brisbane and Gold Coast
- Australia expects waiver of new USA tariffs after Trump-Turnbull phone call
- #1 Virginia Ready to Face #12 North Carolina in ACC Championship Game