However, Ronaldo seized on a mistake from Eibar's defender Anaitz Arbilla and used a brilliant pass from Luka Modric to find the back of the net in the 33rd minute. Eibar's Ivan Ramis had equalised in between to give the home side hope.
He re-emerged a full five minutes later and Real Madrid coach Zidane was asked to explain the defender's odd absence.
Zidane´s own future appears more secure following Real´s triumph in Paris, which pushes the club one step closer to an unprecedented third consecutive Champions League success.More news: Trump reiterates call for death penalty for drug dealers
After a slow start to the season, Ronaldo has netted 13 goals in his last seven appearances to take his total to 33 in 34 games this campaign.
Ronaldo subsequently punished that miss, meeting Dani Carvajal's right-wing cross with a powerful header that gave Dmitrovic no chance and sent Madrid back to the capital victorious.
"What he has is so positive - he knows he is going to score".More news: #1 UVA beats #12 UNC; wins ACC Tourney title
Real Madrid continued their resurgence when it comes to La Liga with an away victory against Eibar. His stats speak for themselves.
Barcelona eased off in the second half with its Champions League match against Chelsea at Camp Nou looming on Wednesday.
But for Ronaldo's clinical instincts in front of goal, that slip-up should have proved costly and Eibar deserved something from a match in which they poured their heart and soul into.
Real Madrid overcame Eibar today after two Ronaldo goals, but it was a very different matter that head coach Zinedine Zidane had to answer questions about after the game.More news: Pakistan welcomes Iran's call for expansion of trade ties
- Richard Sherman reveals 'vengeful' 49ers signing
- Teen killed, woman injured in Austin package bomb explosion
- India, Pakistan accuse each other of harassing diplomatic staff
- Trump gearing up for re-election, not trade war with China
- Cameron Diaz Has Retired From Acting, Says Selma Blair
- Manchester United captain Michael Carrick to retire at end of season
- Cardinals expected to release Adrian Peterson Monday
- Apple Acquires 'Texture', a Digital Magazine Subscription Service
- Air Canada says systems back online
- MIT Researchers: 'Lies Spread Faster Than Truth'