"Microsoft has always been a leading voice in encouraging the adoption of cross-platform play and the potential of connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles".
Epic Games announced their partnership with Microsoft in a recent post on their website. From the list, Microsoft's Xbox One was missing, and the company hen revealed last night that it will support cross-play on Fortnite for Xbox and that it will become available in the future.More news: Australia expects waiver of new USA tariffs after Trump-Turnbull phone call
It does look like the cross-platform play could arrive for games like Fortnite, Minecraft, Rocket League, or any number of multiplayer games already released or yet to arrive - but only when Sony gives the go ahead. It's still disappointing that the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game do not have that functionality with each other, but something is better than nothing, right?
Last week, Epic Games announced that the hit base-building battle royale title will be making its way to mobile devices.
Unfortunately though, it appears that cross-play won't happen between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players. This was promptly shut down by developers Epic who said it was a mistake.More news: West Ham co-owner 'hit by coin' in crowd trouble
Now we've received confirmation that Xbox One will in fact support cross-play, cross-progression, and cross-purchase, between Xbox One, PC, Mac, iOS and (in the next few months) Android.
A great news for the players of "Fornite" have the opportunity to play the game in different places with their departure and so that they can do so from home, on the street or wherever they prefer.More news: Trump Is 'Not Backing Down' on Tariffs Plan
- Ernie Johnson says the Buffalo Bills have made the NCAA Tournament
- Scam and stealing offences, Brisbane and Gold Coast
- Kyrie Irving Exits Game With Knee Soreness
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament
- Flake Calls for 2020 Trump Primary Challenger
- José Mourinho says United have 'die or live' week ahead
- Church of Scientology to launch TV network
- 'October' team to connect with fans live on trailer launch day
- The Best 2018 TicketGuardian 500 Lineup — Fantasy NASCAR Picks
- Shujaa to face England in Vancouver Sevens quarters