That is the time when the nation saw the Arizona State pitchfork appear on their televisions as an at-large bid.
The Bruins had such noteable wins against SEC Tournament victor Kentucky, a regular season win against Pac-12 Champion Arizona in Tucson and swept USC.More news: Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
The Sun Devils, who were sweating it out Sunday after Davidson upset Dan Hurley's Rhode Island Rams in the A-10 Championship Game knocking a team out of the field, made the field of 68 and will play the Syracuse Orange in the First Four Wednesday night.
There was a common thread between some of the biggest snubs in this year's NCAA Tournament, one that seems to make a lot of sense.More news: Japan ministry admits doctoring documents linked to PM's wife
St. Bonaventure finished second in the A10 Conference with a 25-7, 14-4 record. Syracuse was never particularly great at any point this season, but registered enough quality wins. They will be led by Jaylen Adams and Matt Mobley who are averaging 19.8 and 18.5 ppg, respectively.
The Arizona Wildcats are set to take on the number 13 seed Buffalo Bulls in the first round Thursday. Get past them and the Bruins will take on the victor of #3 Texas Tech/#14 Stephen F. Austin. "We know they stumbled down the stretch, and that certainly affected their seeding, but they had enough on their resume to get in". In can be done as UCLA has had four 3+ wins streaks this season, but that was not in the tournament. Baylor, Iowa State and Oklahoma State were the three teams from the Big 12 that were left out of the field.More news: Childcare worker jailed after drugging kids to 'go tanning'
With a game under his belt, Porter should be more comfortable as the eighth-seeded Tigers meet Florida State in a West Region opener.
- Church of Scientology to launch TV network
- Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost
- Cowboys miss NCAA Tournament, will host NIT game
- Warren Gatland celebrates 'a job done' as Wales conquer Italy
- Comedian and actor Ken Dodd dead at 90
- Renee Baio reveals she was diagnosed with a brain disease
- Melrose Raises Offer for GKN to $11.2 Billion to Sway Investors
- Fiorentina pay tribute to Davide Astori during win over Benevento
- Tim McGraw collapses during Ireland concert, reports say
- Kawhi Leonard: Could return vs. Pelicans