To celebrate the moment, Microsoft today detailed some important milestones and the future AI-inspired features planned for the chat-based collaboration tool.
Microsoft this morning cited companies including General Motors, ConocoPhillips, NASCAR, Technicolor, RLH Corporation and A.P. Moller as Teams customers.
The Redmond giant is announcing a slew of new features to be added to Teams, all aimed at making it an attractive option to replace traditional office phones. But, more importantly for those that are using the software, the company is sharing a few features that are working their way down the pipeline.More news: MIT Researchers: 'Lies Spread Faster Than Truth'
Finally, Microsoft will soon enable one-click cloud recording, with timecoding and automatic transcription.
Microsoft Teams is the company's answer to growing chat startup Slack.
Background blurring of video calls will allow Team users to pretend they are not really calling from the pub.More news: Royal wedding: Meghan Markle could get Prince William to give her away
Proximity detection for Teams Meetings-This feature will make it easy for you to discover and add a nearby and available Skype Room System to any meeting. It'll also let you share a live video stream, photos or screens from your smartphone.
The new calling capabilities, which include consultative transfer (for getting an OK before transferring a call to somebody), call delegation, and federation, will be available in the second quarter, Wright said. Also coming is a Direct Routing feature which will allow users to use existing telephony infrastructures with Teams. It is created to work with Windows 10 Ink as well, and allows users to collaborate more effectively in meetings including interacting with other teams using a Surface Hub remotely. This includes Surface Hub, new desk phones from AudioCodes and Yealink and new conference room phones from Crestron, Polycom, and Yealink.
Teams, which began rolling out to Office 365 subscribers previous year, is Microsoft's answer to the Slack messaging platform.More news: Trump Team Weighs Trying to Block 60 Minutes Stormy Interview
You probably wouldn't guess it, but Microsoft's most popular Surface product in enterprise is its gargantuan Surface Hub.
- Dolphins To Release Ndamukong Suh
- Goldman CEO Blankfein says report of stepping-down not from him
- Deadly package explosion at Austin, Texas home
- Manchester United captain Michael Carrick to retire at end of season
- Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
- Oprah's advice to anyone who is running for President
- Evoni Williams, Waffle House Worker Gets College Scholarship For Act Of Kindness
- Karti Chidambaram Sent to Jail
- Nokia 9 may sport in-display fingerprint sensor, iPhone-like notch
- Hubert de Givenchy's net worth: The fashion designer leaves behind a fortune