In footage which was widely shown on British media, Jamie Carragher (pic) is shown winding down the window of his auto and spitting at another vehicle following Liverpool's 2-1 loss to Manchester United on Saturday.
Jamie Carragher has apologised for "losing his head" in a road traffic incident involving a Manchester United fan and his daughter on Saturday.
Pic: Rex Features (Carragher has been a regular TV pundit since his retirement from football in 2013) Jamie Carragher has apologised after a video showed the former England and Liverpool defender spitting towards a girl in a auto from his own vehicle.More news: Canada doctors protest 'shocking' salary increase
The supporter was heard saying "Unlucky Jamie lad!" and "2-1!". I was goaded ¾ times along the motorway while being filmed & lost my rag.
Carragher said sorry for spitting in the girl's face on Sunday.
As per The Mirror, Carragher phoned the girl to apologise to her last night and acknowledged he had lost his head.More news: Baylor, Saint Mary's lead snubs from the 2018 NCAA Tournament field
The 40-year-old contacted the girl's family yesterday and apologised profusely for and incident that he described as being 'totally out of order and unacceptable'. I drove away at first and it just continued.
Another user tweeted: "I have got a lot of time for Jamie Carragher but he should be sacked from his Sky Sports role. I shouldn't have done it, but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the vehicle?" I thought it was a Liverpool fan at first wanting an autograph at first so I stopped. "No excuse apologies", Carragher posted on Twitter.
A Sky Sports spokeman said: "It's unacceptable behaviour and we will be addressing it with Jamie".More news: Japan trade minister calls for calm heads over United States tariffs
- Nick Gordon reportedly arrested on domestic violence charges once again
- Maxine Waters: If Mueller Doesn't Get Trump, 'Stormy Will'
- No. 25 Rhode Island, Davidson to play for A-10 title
- Smith: Anyone's guess if Rabada will be reprimanded for send-off
- Light snow possible Monday
- What to expect from the 'American Idol' premiere
- Joe Thomas 'excited' by Browns' moves but won't commit to playing
- SpaceX and 'Westworld' creators made a Falcon Heavy short film
- Burnley cruise to victory on West Ham's day of shame
- Donald Trump Supports Rick Saccone At Moon Twp. Rally