Sartaj Madni, Vice President, PDP told The Kashmir Monitor that CM Mehbooba Mufti shot the letter to the governor informing him about the decision.
At a function in New Delhi on Friday, Drabu was quoted as having said "Kashmir should not be seen as a conflict state or a political problem but as a society with social issues".More news: Intel casts doubt on report of interest in Broadcom
Drabu has been in the eye of a storm after his remark that Kashmir "isn't a political issue", he was a close aide of CM Mehbooba's late father Mufti Sayeed.
A senior government official confirmed to The Hindu that the Jammu and Kashmir Finance Minister has been asked "to step down from his portfolio". It is a society which has social issues right now.
Opposition National Conference also slammed Drabu for his statement and alleged that PDP is acting as second fiddle of BJP to facilitate the rightwing agenda in the state. "Therefore you are advised to explain as to why statement detrimental to the party interests was made", said Veeri. The CPI (M) leader said this unrest graphically illustrates the deep sense of alienation of the people.More news: Kylie Jenner Shares New Photo of Stormi with Jordyn Woods!
The PDP leader said there was a dire need to include "concerns" of the people of the state and not to get lost in the "forest of symbols".
The business community in the Valley hit out at the finance minister for his statement, saying they (remarks) were far from the truth as the whole world recognised it as a political issue pending a solution for the last 70 years. He alleged that "Drabu like collaborators want to prove their loyalty to their masters in Delhi and Nagpur by issuing statements like these but these people should know that facts don't change by mincing words and coining new terms".
It said the sacrifices of Eesa and Owais have in fact increased the responsibility of the Kashmiris manifold to safeguard the enormous sacrifices from the activities of elements like Haseeb Drabu. "Drabu talked to me for hours and while praising our efforts for liberation of Jammu Kashmir from illegal occupation of India delivered several ideas and concepts for it".More news: Cowboys miss NCAA Tournament, will host NIT game
- Childcare worker jailed after drugging kids to 'go tanning'
- RWE, E.ON reshape German power sector in Innogy deal
- Manchester United still waiting for Sanchez to shine
- Now ride with 'Mario' in Google Maps
- New Honor 7X Face feature unveiled; check it out
- Trump orders stiff trade tariffs, unswayed by grim warnings
- Samsung Galaxy S9 passes scratch, burn, and bend tests with flying colours
- WWE Fastlane 2018: Star Ratings For All 7 Matches
- Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost
- WhatsApp changes its key message deletion feature again