Android Wear is now mainly used in smartwatches made by Asus (ZenWatch 2 and 3), Fossil (Q Founder, Marshal, Wander), Huawei (Watch), Lenovo (Moto 360 Gen 2, Sport), LG (Watch Urbane, G Watch R) and Tag Heuer (Connected).
Anything you're hoping to see in Wear OS?
Android Wear used to be my personal favorite wearable OS, and I religiously wore the Samsung Gear Live, Moto 360, and Huawei Watch. However it seems that Google could be looking to rebrand the platform, at least that's according to information found in the latest Google Play Services beta in which it has been suggested that Google could be rebranding Android Wear to "Wear OS".More news: J&K finance minister Haseeb Drabu poised to be dropped from cabinet
Android Wear is pretty much at a standstill right now.
Google is well-known for constantly experimenting with new designs and UI changes, mostly via limited server-side tests.
If you're an iPhone owner, the word Android generally means something isn't compatible with your phone. The fact that recent Wear devices also work with iOS devices could have played a part in the revamp.More news: WhatsApp changes its key message deletion feature again
Rebranding Android Wear would no doubt help put the focus back on Google's smartwatch platform. Android Wear, which is now up to version 2.8, will reportedly soon receive a rebrand to "Wear OS".
While it still has "Google" in the name, it's another step away from the Android name and the search giants continues to shift products that aren't just available on Android (or will be in the future), under its own name.More news: Cech happy to end frustrating wait for 200th clean sheet
- Stokes to stand trial during India series
- WWE Fastlane 2018: Star Ratings For All 7 Matches
- Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost
- Arms imports to Middle East jump 103 percent in 5 years
- Kylie Jenner Shares New Photo of Stormi with Jordyn Woods!
- 'Myanmar builds military bases in Rohingya homes, mosques'
- First ever MacBook Air with Retina Display leaks alongside affordable MacBook
- Defending champion wins opener at Indian Wells
- S.Korean Envoys to Brief China, Japan on N.Korea Visit
- Amazon Alexa calling and messaging comes to Fire, Android and iOS tablets