Android Wear is now mainly used in smartwatches made by Asus (ZenWatch 2 and 3), Fossil (Q Founder, Marshal, Wander), Huawei (Watch), Lenovo (Moto 360 Gen 2, Sport), LG (Watch Urbane, G Watch R) and Tag Heuer (Connected).
Anything you're hoping to see in Wear OS?
Android Wear used to be my personal favorite wearable OS, and I religiously wore the Samsung Gear Live, Moto 360, and Huawei Watch. However it seems that Google could be looking to rebrand the platform, at least that's according to information found in the latest Google Play Services beta in which it has been suggested that Google could be rebranding Android Wear to "Wear OS".More news: Samsung Galaxy S9 passes scratch, burn, and bend tests with flying colours
Android Wear is pretty much at a standstill right now.
Google is well-known for constantly experimenting with new designs and UI changes, mostly via limited server-side tests.
If you're an iPhone owner, the word Android generally means something isn't compatible with your phone. The fact that recent Wear devices also work with iOS devices could have played a part in the revamp.More news: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero confirms knee injury
Rebranding Android Wear would no doubt help put the focus back on Google's smartwatch platform. Android Wear, which is now up to version 2.8, will reportedly soon receive a rebrand to "Wear OS".
While it still has "Google" in the name, it's another step away from the Android name and the search giants continues to shift products that aren't just available on Android (or will be in the future), under its own name.More news: Tim McGraw collapses during Ireland concert, reports say
- Google Doodle honours chemist who accidentally discovered synthetic dye
- Khloe Kardashian Throws A Pink Themed Baby Shower
- RWE, E.ON reshape German power sector in Innogy deal
- J&K finance minister Haseeb Drabu poised to be dropped from cabinet
- WWE Fastlane 2018: Star Ratings For All 7 Matches
- Comedian and actor Ken Dodd dead at 90
- S.Korean Envoys to Brief China, Japan on N.Korea Visit
- WhatsApp changes its key message deletion feature again
- Amazon Alexa calling and messaging comes to Fire, Android and iOS tablets
- NCAA Tournament: TCU a 6-seed; Texas Tech heading to Dallas