IF YOU'VE BEEN WAITING for a new entry-level MacBook then you could be in luck as Apple is reportedly poised to launch an entry-level laptop with a 13.3in Retina display. If the entry-level MacBook features a $999 price tag, it will certainly be an impressive machine for those looking to experience the macOS ecosystem at a price that is less steep than spending on something like the MacBook Pro. It's possible that Apple could keep the Air around, too, and reduce its price, but we doubt it given the dated components and ports. DigiTimes says its research shows the MacBook will use a 13.3-inch 2,560 x 1,600 resolution panel-the same as the current 13.3-inch MacBook Pro. The MacBook, meanwhile, has a 12-inch display with 2304 x 1440 resolution.
Digitimes goes on to claim that Apple's preferred supplier for MacBook panels will be South Korea-based LG Display, considering the Cupertino giant had issues with a certain China-based vendor.
LG Display will begin supplying the panel in April with the new MacBook scheduled to enter mass production at the end of May or the beginning of June. These are thought to be for a new MacBook Air, which now comes with a 1,440 x 900 resolution screen.More news: RWE, E.ON reshape German power sector in Innogy deal
Crucially however, the rumoured MacBook is set to have a price closer to that of the current generation of 13-inch MacBook Airs.
Quanta / Foxconn will make a split of the orders 70 / 30 respectively.More news: NCAA Tournament: TCU a 6-seed; Texas Tech heading to Dallas
Perhaps when the new accessibly priced MacBook reaches the market in June it will sport one of Apple's new patented keyboard designs.
At least that's according to Digitimes' researchers who reckon a new MacBook is coming in the second quarter of 2018 and will look to basically replace the venerable 13in MacBook Air.More news: New Honor 7X Face feature unveiled; check it out
- West Brom faces anxious wait for Evans
- Google Doodle honours chemist who accidentally discovered synthetic dye
- Manchester United still waiting for Sanchez to shine
- Google's Android Wear Smartwatch OS Could Receive 'Wear OS' Rebrand
- J&K finance minister Haseeb Drabu poised to be dropped from cabinet
- 'Myanmar builds military bases in Rohingya homes, mosques'
- Cech happy to end frustrating wait for 200th clean sheet
- WWE Fastlane 2018: Star Ratings For All 7 Matches
- Sensex, Nifty climb almost 1% on positive global cues
- Khloe Kardashian Throws A Pink Themed Baby Shower