The NCAA bid is the 20th in Providence basketball history, and the game with Texas A&M will be the first-ever meeting between the schools.
Oklahoma State was not selected, and the Cowboys will play in the National Invitation Tournament. "While we're disappointed, we know it's a very great field in this event. In this league you do".
The No. 7 seed Rhode Island Rams will take on the No. 10 Oklahoma Sooners this week in the First Round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament.More news: US officials say no added conditions for North Korea talks
Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger is hoping big early wins against teams like Wichita State, TCU and Kansas and a late win over Kansas State will be enough to propel the Sooners into the tournament.
Trae Young was the Sooners go to scorer as he poured in a game high 22 points and five assists on 7-21 including 5-13 from long range.
Oklahoma did win two of its final three regular-season games, both at home. The Cowboys lost the next day to Kansas, their first loss of the year to the Jayhawks, ending the season at 19-14.More news: Melrose Raises Offer for GKN to $11.2 Billion to Sway Investors
Seven Big 12 teams got in the NCAA Tournament, and Baylor and OSU made the NIT. "No let up, we're going to play as hard as we can every possession from now on". CBS's Jerry Palm also has Oklahoma as one of the first four in, but as a No. 11 seed.
"We understand that there probably were some things that we could have controlled better over the course of the season", Boynton said.More news: Tim McGraw collapses during Ireland concert, reports say
- Scam and stealing offences, Brisbane and Gold Coast
- Utica mother charged after baby found in street
- Phil Spencer Wants Xbox/PlayStation Cross Platform Play in Fortnite
- 'October' team to connect with fans live on trailer launch day
- Kawhi Leonard: Could return vs. Pelicans
- Shoe thrown at Sharif in Lahore
- 'Armed' PAOK owner invades pitch, confronts referee after late confusion
- Fiorentina pay tribute to Davide Astori during win over Benevento
- Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament