The Gunners returned to top-flight winning ways after three successive defeats courtesy of strikes from Shkodran Mustafi, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, as goalkeeper Petr Cech collected his 200th Premier League clean sheet after saving a second-half Troy Deeney penalty.
The victory was finally sealed 13 minutes from the end, when Aubameyang set up Mkhitaryan for his first EPL goal in an Arsenal shirt.More news: RWE, E.ON reshape German power sector in Innogy deal
There was to be no late dramas for Wenger and his players to contend with as they now look forward to completing the job against Milan on Thursday and progressing into the last eight of the Europa League.
Arsenal supporters reveled in Deeney's misery and Hector Bellerin trolled Watford's club captain immediately after his spot-kick was saved by Petr Cech. In the first situation he showed a lot of humility. "You don't stay at the top for so long without that".
Along with Cech, Gareth Barry is the only other active Premier League player on the list, sitting sixth with 181 clean sheets.More news: Melrose Raises Offer for GKN to $11.2 Billion to Sway Investors
"We knew before the game that physically it might be a bit hard but we had a good spirit".
But I wanted absolutely to win this game and it was hard, but overall, it gets us a little bit out of that negative spiral that we were in.
Towards the end of the video, Mkhitaryan says to the fans: "You know we are always playing for the fans and it doesn't matter if they could have come today or not". We need some more games now.
Asked if he was concerned by the empty seats, Wenger added: "I worry because I want the fans to be behind the team".More news: Kylie Jenner Shares New Photo of Stormi with Jordyn Woods!
Elneny helped Arsenal win the Community Shield in the season's curtain-raiser following a 4-1 shootout win over Chelsea last August.
- Shoe thrown at Sharif in Lahore
- Betsy DeVos denies Parkland response is just 'talking'
- Cowboys miss NCAA Tournament, will host NIT game
- Intel casts doubt on report of interest in Broadcom
- 'Myanmar builds military bases in Rohingya homes, mosques'
- Raid on Iran's Diplomatic Residence in Vienna: Attacker Shot Dead
- Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
- NCAA Tournament: TCU a 6-seed; Texas Tech heading to Dallas
- Warren Gatland celebrates 'a job done' as Wales conquer Italy
- Michy Batshuayi Rescues Borussia Dortmund Following Marco Reus Contract Boost