Adrian Peterson's time in the desert could be coming to a close.
The former All-pro running back is expected to participate in Arizona's offseason activities and likely will reclaim his starting role next season.More news: Lions to meet with veteran veteran RB Jonathan Stewart in scheduled visit
After just six games with his new team during the 2017 National Football League season, the Arizona Cardinals are expected to release the all-pro running back, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Due a $750,000 roster bonus on March 16, it was always unlikely the tailback saw that incentive. Peterson had a couple of impressive outings for Arizona, but wound up on injured reserve with a neck injury before the year was out.
The Cardinals have David Johnson, Bronson Hill, Elijhaa Penny, T.J. Logan and Darius Victor as running backs under contract for next season.More news: Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
As part of the trade, the Cardinals sent New Orleans a conditional sixth-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Schefter reports that there is a chance he could return to the Cardinals.More news: Karti Chidambaram Sent to Jail
- Trump Team Weighs Trying to Block 60 Minutes Stormy Interview
- Dolphins To Release Ndamukong Suh
- Philips Hue Outdoor Smart Lights Coming in July
- Deadly package explosion at Austin, Texas home
- Oprah's advice to anyone who is running for President
- PSG supremo to meet Neymar as star reveals Barcelona want him back
- Counter-terrorism officers investigate 'punish a Muslim day' letters
- Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
- Dropbox sees IPO price between $16 and $18 per share
- California Special Mustang drops just in time for spring break