Adrian Peterson's time in the desert could be coming to a close.
The former All-pro running back is expected to participate in Arizona's offseason activities and likely will reclaim his starting role next season.More news: Trump Team Weighs Trying to Block 60 Minutes Stormy Interview
After just six games with his new team during the 2017 National Football League season, the Arizona Cardinals are expected to release the all-pro running back, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Due a $750,000 roster bonus on March 16, it was always unlikely the tailback saw that incentive. Peterson had a couple of impressive outings for Arizona, but wound up on injured reserve with a neck injury before the year was out.
The Cardinals have David Johnson, Bronson Hill, Elijhaa Penny, T.J. Logan and Darius Victor as running backs under contract for next season.More news: WWE Statement on Jeff Hardy's Arrest & More Details on His Accident
As part of the trade, the Cardinals sent New Orleans a conditional sixth-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Schefter reports that there is a chance he could return to the Cardinals.More news: Dropbox sees IPO price between $16 and $18 per share
- Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
- Karti Chidambaram Sent to Jail
- Security Forces Under Attack in Western Afghanistan
- Hubert de Givenchy's net worth: The fashion designer leaves behind a fortune
- Goldman CEO Blankfein says report of stepping-down not from him
- Tomb Raider Games Are Getting Free Remasters on Steam
- Les Bleus! England's Six Nations dreams shattered in Paris
- Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
- North Korean defector hits Paralympic ice for South Korea
- Dolphins To Release Ndamukong Suh