Adrian Peterson's time in the desert could be coming to a close.
The former All-pro running back is expected to participate in Arizona's offseason activities and likely will reclaim his starting role next season.More news: Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
After just six games with his new team during the 2017 National Football League season, the Arizona Cardinals are expected to release the all-pro running back, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Due a $750,000 roster bonus on March 16, it was always unlikely the tailback saw that incentive. Peterson had a couple of impressive outings for Arizona, but wound up on injured reserve with a neck injury before the year was out.
The Cardinals have David Johnson, Bronson Hill, Elijhaa Penny, T.J. Logan and Darius Victor as running backs under contract for next season.More news: Royal wedding: Meghan Markle could get Prince William to give her away
As part of the trade, the Cardinals sent New Orleans a conditional sixth-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Schefter reports that there is a chance he could return to the Cardinals.More news: Karti Chidambaram Sent to Jail
- Deadly package explosion at Austin, Texas home
- California Special Mustang drops just in time for spring break
- Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
- Lions to meet with veteran veteran RB Jonathan Stewart in scheduled visit
- Philips Hue Outdoor Smart Lights Coming in July
- Manchester United captain Michael Carrick to retire at end of season
- Akhilesh Yadav aide Naresh Agrawal joins BJP
- Trump Team Weighs Trying to Block 60 Minutes Stormy Interview
- WWE Statement on Jeff Hardy's Arrest & More Details on His Accident
- Counter-terrorism officers investigate 'punish a Muslim day' letters