Prices in Tampa Bay are averaging at about $2.41 per gallon, which is about 27 cents more than this time previous year.
As more seasonal maintenance begins at USA refineries over the next few weeks, utilization rates will decline and gasoline production will slip as well.
In Friday market action, energy companies climbed as benchmark USA crude added $1.92 or 3 percent, to $62.04 a barrel in NY, while Brent crude, used to price global oils, rose $1.88, or 3 percent, to $65.49 a barrel in London. But the downside is that people in Buffalo are paying more than 20 cents more per gallon than they were exactly one year ago.More news: Trump gearing up for re-election, not trade war with China
The U.S. Energy Information Administration expects the average national price of gasoline will average $2.60 a gallon for the year.
"This year, fluctuating crude oil prices, strong gasoline demand and new USA oil production records have created a volatile gas price market from month to month for consumers", said Tammy Arnette, senior public affairs specialist for AAA Mid-Atlantic. Gasoline prices remain in somewhat of a limbo as a result, with a mixed bag at pumps acrossgas the United States.
$2.18 per gallon in 2017, $1.86 per gallon in 2016, $2.28 per gallon in 2015, $3.33 per gallon in 2014 and $3.62 per gallon in 2013.More news: Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
Ohio's $2.43 average price is the lowest among the Great Lakes states and 10 cents below the average national price of $2.53, which has stayed about the same over the week.
The AAA survey said the least expensive gas price averages in Tennessee are ow in Cleveland at $2.22 per gallon and in Chattanooga at $2.24 per gallon. The price differential (spread) between WTI and Brent crude was unchanged at $3.62 a barrel week over week.More news: Richard Sherman reveals 'vengeful' 49ers signing
- Microsoft's Slack competitor is getting Cortana integration and message translation
- Trump Team Weighs Trying to Block 60 Minutes Stormy Interview
- Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
- Security Forces Under Attack in Western Afghanistan
- INDvAUS, Women's 1st ODI: Nicole Bolton's century guides visitors to emphatic win
- Teen killed, woman injured in Austin package bomb explosion
- India, Pakistan accuse each other of harassing diplomatic staff
- Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
- Apple Acquires 'Texture', a Digital Magazine Subscription Service
- Syrian forces advance against Ghouta rebels