PAOK FC owner Ivan Savvidis was filmed running onto the pitch in Greece's second-largest city of Thessaloniki on Sunday after the referee canceled a last-minute goal against PAOK's first-place rivals AEK Athens.
The hosts scored in the 90 'with Varela, but Assistant Pontius showed offside considering Maurizio influenced the stage and called Komine to explain his decision.
After watching his side have an 89th-minute goal disallowed, an irate Ivan Savvidis invaded the pitch with a pistol tucked into a hip holster. Savvidis made no move to use the weapon at any time.More news: José Mourinho says United have 'die or live' week ahead
PAOK owner Ivan Savvidis (right) attacks AEK official Vassilis Dimitriadis. "There will be relevant announcements on the issue soon".
Amid the chaos that ensued, the game was officially abandoned two hours later on safety grounds. Adding to the widespread confusion, there were claims that the referee, Giorgos Kominis, had allowed the goal.
PAOK announced the news on social media, writing: "The game ended with a score of 1-0".
"After the invasion, the referee has gone inside and after two hours wanted to resume".More news: Israel's Netanyahu in emergency talks amid coalition crisis
Earlier, AEK coach Manolo Jimenez had been sent to the stands, in the 83rd minute, for constantly complaining.
The latest incident has thrown the outcome of the season into further disarray.
Images of "persons entering sports grounds armed" harm PAOK and soccer in general, Greek Deputy Culture and Sports Minister Georgios Vassiliadis said in a written statement on Monday. That has been widely interpreted as a threat to suspend the entire league.
PAOK'S game top of the table clash with AEK Athens eventually ended 1-0 after a pitch invasion by the gun-carrying president of the club.More news: Militants Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Anantnag: Army
- MSU earns 3 seed in Midwest Region of NCAA Tournament
- Florida and Florida State prepare for first-round matchups in NCAA Tournament
- Fiorentina pay tribute to Davide Astori during win over Benevento
- Australia expects waiver of new USA tariffs after Trump-Turnbull phone call
- Marvel Shot Caller Kevin Feige Teases a 'Finality' to 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Automakers respond to Trump's proposed steel, aluminum import tariff increases
- Scam and stealing offences, Brisbane and Gold Coast
- Michigan, MSU both No 3. seeds in NCAA Tournament
- Smoke billows from passenger plane following crash in Kathmandu
- 'October' team to connect with fans live on trailer launch day