Air Canada says it has restored its computer systems after a morning outage led to delays across the airline's operations.
Many departing flights out of YVR are now being delayed.More news: Dropbox sees IPO price between $16 and $18 per share
The Vancouver International Airport says there is congestion in the terminal because of Air Canada technical issues that are affecting flights nationwide.
The airline, which already flies to two airports serving Boston and NY from Belfast International, is understood to be exploring route opportunities from Canada to a number of airports in Europe, including Ireland.More news: January Nebraska jobless rate matches December 2.9 percent
Air Canada customers in Canada and overseas took to Twitter to complain of long lines, flight delays and other travel disruptions because of the computer problems.
It appears the problem didn't only affect Air Canada flights in this country. "We appreciate our customers' patience and as part of our recovery preparations we are arranging additional staffing to get our customers on their way as soon as possible", said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. "We apologize for any inconvenience ..."More news: Dolphins To Release Ndamukong Suh
People were also unable to book flights at this time.
- Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
- Retail inflation falls to 4.4 percent in February
- Nokia 9 may sport in-display fingerprint sensor, iPhone-like notch
- India, Pakistan accuse each other of harassing diplomatic staff
- Apple Acquires 'Texture', a Digital Magazine Subscription Service
- Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
- INDvAUS, Women's 1st ODI: Nicole Bolton's century guides visitors to emphatic win
- Philips Hue Outdoor Smart Lights Coming in July
- Pakistan welcomes Iran's call for expansion of trade ties
- Manchester United captain Michael Carrick to retire at end of season