Air Canada says it has restored its computer systems after a morning outage led to delays across the airline's operations.
Many departing flights out of YVR are now being delayed.More news: INDvAUS, Women's 1st ODI: Nicole Bolton's century guides visitors to emphatic win
The Vancouver International Airport says there is congestion in the terminal because of Air Canada technical issues that are affecting flights nationwide.
The airline, which already flies to two airports serving Boston and NY from Belfast International, is understood to be exploring route opportunities from Canada to a number of airports in Europe, including Ireland.More news: Teen killed, woman injured in Austin package bomb explosion
Air Canada customers in Canada and overseas took to Twitter to complain of long lines, flight delays and other travel disruptions because of the computer problems.
It appears the problem didn't only affect Air Canada flights in this country. "We appreciate our customers' patience and as part of our recovery preparations we are arranging additional staffing to get our customers on their way as soon as possible", said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. "We apologize for any inconvenience ..."More news: MIT Researchers: 'Lies Spread Faster Than Truth'
People were also unable to book flights at this time.
- Microsoft's Xbox One spring update loaded with new features
- Apple Acquires 'Texture', a Digital Magazine Subscription Service
- Tom Brady: 'Miracle' to win AFC Championship game without Rob Gronkowski
- Lions to meet with veteran veteran RB Jonathan Stewart in scheduled visit
- Manchester United captain Michael Carrick to retire at end of season
- Cruz, O'Rourke respond to name-mocking ad
- Syrian forces advance against Ghouta rebels
- Royal wedding: Meghan Markle could get Prince William to give her away
- Dropbox sees IPO price between $16 and $18 per share
- Nokia 9 may sport in-display fingerprint sensor, iPhone-like notch