Australian opening batsmen Cameron Bancroft and David Warner survived a testing first hour, scoring only 23 runs in 14 overs, then seemed to have taken control as they added 75 runs in the next hour, only for Bancroft to be out for 38 off the last ball before lunch.
The feisty opener is to answer an International Cricket Council (ICC) charge for a staircase scuffle with wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock after they traded barbs out in the middle and continued the conflict on the way to the changing rooms.
Du Plessis says the team will continue with the "positive" brand of cricket that has been synonymous with his captaincy reign, a tried and tested formula that has achieved results in the past.More news: Facebook to exclusively stream 25 Major League Baseball games in 2018
"The other day I was probably out of line", he said.
"I know he's a very relaxed, laid back guy".
"Eventually he reached a point where he said enough is enough".
Rabada was fined 15 per cent of his match fee and handed one demerit point for conduct during fifth ODI against India.
"They are a team that have always done it [mind games] and they will always do it", Du Plessis said.More news: Trump tariffs: USA chided over duties on steel and aluminium imports
"We have to make sure that our cricket does the talking". They could be in jeopardy should Clark's thinking prove accurate. Generally what happens when you get the kick in the backside being out of the team is you usually come back mentally a lot stronger.
"The reversing ball is going all right this season but there's maybe a little bit of work to do with the new ball and getting a few more early wickets", he said. We don't look to find the grey areas.
"A tough day for Australia ... but that's the positive side of it and we've still got the best bowling attack in the world ... and we're feeling confident". "If you look in the past, we are not a team that flirts with that line when it comes to vocals".
"I've seen the footage and I regret the way it played out but for me it is how I am and I responded emotionally and regretted the way I played out". "Davey plays really well when he's aggressive and he gets into a contest". We are similar as a team.
"Both teams were reminded by the match referee of the spirit in which the game should be played".More news: USWNT honors Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting victims during SheBelieves Cup
- LeBron's Nine-Straight Points in the Fourth Sinks the Nuggets
- White House flags steel tariff carve-outs on national security grounds
- Providence College Friars Headed To Big East Finals After Miracle Comeback
- Oppo F7 with display notch teased ahead of March 26 launch
- Report finds United States hospital failed to protect infants from abuse
- White House Acknowledges Trump Ties To Stormy Legal Battle Over Alleged Affair
- SAP admits paying R130-million for state contracts in SA
- Sexist men on Twitter ACCIDENTALLY raised £130000 for a women's charity
- Credit Agricole SA Sells 178663 Shares of Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE)
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL) Issues Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.01 EPS