Leicester City midfielder Matty James has urged his team mates to expect a hard test in Saturday's Premier League match at West Bromwich Albion, saying that the bottom side will be desperate for points in their fight to avoid relegation.
The home side got off to a superb start when striker Salomon Rondon stole the ball in front of his marker to stab home a deft volley in the eighth minute.More news: Kristen Wiig to play antagonist Cheetah in Wonder Woman 2
"We have a tough game now at West Brom, who are fighting for their lives and we know what that is like because we have been there", James was quoted as saying by the Leicester Mercury.
That was a moment which could have changed the game, but the Baggies had dropped a league-high 18 points from winning positions ahead of this match and Vardy soon set them on the path to increasing that unwanted tally.
Dion Dublin thinks that West Brom should keep hold of Alan Pardew as he is the kind of manager they will need in the Championship.
Fulham found a last-minute goal at Preston to extend their unbeaten run to 15 league games and go third in the table.More news: SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) Rises 1.281% for Mar 9
Riyad Mahrez then got on the scoresheet after half-time when he coolly finished after a clever pass from Iheanacho, put the game beyond the Baggies when he headed in Ben Chilwell's cross on 76 minutes.
Defeat left West Ham in 16th place, three points above the relegation zone.
The result sees Leicester reach the 40-point mark which should guarantee their Premier League survival this season, but things look bleak for West Brom as they remain eight points from safety having failed to pick up a single point from their last six outings. For me, it's about planning for next week and getting ready for a hard game at Bournemouth and that's what I will do.More news: Juelz Santana darts out of Newark Airport after TSA finds his gun
- Sanctions on North Korea Will Continue Until a Deal Is Reached
- Are There Any Catalysts to Propel Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) Forward?
- Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to meet: what happens next?
- Lavrov and Tillerson to not meet in Ethiopia
- Draymond Green thinks James Harden MVP is coming, then Anthony Davis
- Nintendo Switch Nabs Super Smash Bros
- U.S. may tie North Atlantic Treaty Organisation contributions to tariff exemptions
- South Africa gain control through AB de Villiers's 74
- Where Is Amy Yu? Teen and Man, 45, in 'Secretive Relationship' Vanish
- Barack Obama in talks to create shows for Netflix