He scored a fifth-round TKO victory. Lipinets ended up winning by unanimous decision in November.
Boxing champion Mikey Garcia says he 100% believes he could beat Floyd Mayweather if they fought today. because at 41, Garcia thinks father time has caught up with TBE. There are a couple of holes I need to close. "I'm going to keep trying to dominate each fight and make it easy for myself in the ring".
A lot is on the line for Garcia: should he win, he holds a lot of cards by holding two world titles.More news: Barcelona agree to terms to sign Brazilian footballer Arthur Melo
In the following rounds, Garcia continued his dominating performance and beat a now exhausted and fading Lipinets. Garcia, a three-division champ is coming off a strong win over former champion Adrien Broner and was the heavy betting odds favorite to earn the fourth belt. "Now my name will go down in history with a some of the best".
" "Sergey Lipinets is the number one priority right now".
Lipinets tried to respond but it took him most of the next round to fully recover and even though Garcia seemed to ease off, he not only won the next round but wowed the Freeman Coliseum with a varied rapid-fire onslaught. "He's very risky with that overhand right and those left hooks but we were able to prevail".More news: Japan Ministry 'To Admit Doctoring Documents Linked To Shinzo Abe Cronyism Row'
Lipinets proved to be a tough task against the experienced Garcia, he was able to bloody the nose of the Oxnard, California native and give him a tough time. Lipinets' workmanlike attack plays into Garcia's precise counterpunching abilities.
There are multiple options for the newly crowned IBF champion, he could stay at 140 and defend his title, or move down to 135 and face undefeated puncher Robert Easter Jr., or go up another weight to 147 and challenge Keith Thurman for another world title.
But it was not one-way traffic, the game Lipinets was constantly on the front foot and it wasn't until the fourth that "Mikey" really stamped his authority on proceedings.More news: Long Term Trend - Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
"I know I carry the power, but I was fighting a bigger man and he could take a punch".
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Shares Sold by Glenview State Bank Trust DEPT.
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Is 'The Bachelor' In New SNL Cold Open
- Fired-up Rabada takes 5, Australia out for 243 in 2nd test
- Trump met with Clinton's impeachment lawyer to assist in Russian Federation probe
- Hard Brexit should hold no 'terrors' for Britain: Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson
- Time, TV schedule, and how to watch WWE PPV online
- (CELG) Shares Bought by APG Asset Management NV
- Germany backs European Union decision to respond to U.S. steel tariffs-spokesman
- News of Trump-Kim meeting greeted with hope and caution
- Stephen Curry sprained his ankle for the second time in a week