We've all known about the whole Instagram-Snapchat-copycat thing for years at this point, and it looks like its Snapchat's turn to start bringing over some of its biggest competitor's features to its own mobile apps.
Apparently the new tagging system is now being rolled out - so be on the lookout!More news: Super Smash Bros confirmed for Nintendo Switch with moody announcement teaser
You then type the '@' symbol followed by the username of the person you're trying to tag.
Snapchat confirmed to TechCrunch that the feature, which was discovered by prominent Snapchatter Matt Rappaport, is being tested but has not been rolled out yet to all users. Also, whoever gets tagged will receive a notification, so nothing will remain unseen.More news: Stream Logic's 'Bobby Tarantino II' Mixtape
It's the latest killer move in an ongoing war between Instagram and Snapchat. This would allow other users who look at your Story to tap that username and go find out who you tagged.
As TechCrunch notes, tagging other users serves as a new way to communicate with friends on the app, while spotlighting your favorite Snapchat users. Usernames will automatically generate a tappable link to the associated profile.More news: 31st MEU CO, XO, board USS Wasp
Users can add multiple GIFs to their Snap and add the animated stickers to videos by pressing and holding on the sticker to pin it to something in their Snap.
- What do Insider Trends Have to Say About General Electric Company (GE)?
- Former student pleads guilty in drunk driving, manslaughter case from 2016
- Minimum Wage Page Cheats Named & Shamed Again
- Packers to trade Damarious Randall to Browns for QB DeShone Kizer
- Fiery Rabada gives Proteas the edge in PE
- Robot smashes Rubik's cube record, solves puzzle in 0.38 seconds
- Widow of jailed wildlife expert prevented from leaving Iran
- Washington sues California over protection of undocumented immigrants
- Iran jails woman for two years for not wearing headscarf
- Rick Ross Urgent 911 Call Released as Rapper Sends Message to Fans