The previous world record was 0,637 sec. and belonged to the work of Sub1 Reloaded, developed by the German albert the bear.
The video below demonstrates the Rubik's cube in an unsolved position and after that the actuators bounce vigorously, slamming squares into place like some kind of crazed version of Will Smith's character in The Pursuit of Happyness. The Rubik's Contraption uses a pair of PlayStation Eye cameras in order to near-instantly analyze and evaluate the most efficient way to solve a Rubik's Cube. In a blog post, Di Carlo explained how previous record-holders used stepper motors to rotate the cubes, and he realized that they could do better with improved motors. The Rubik's Cubes cost $4.55 and the PlayStation cameras cost $7.More news: Trump Tariffs Trigger Republican Rebellion
In the case of the Rubik's Contraption, this allowed the machine to calculate a solution even faster, by making each move more and more precise.
They had to prevent the cube from 'camming, ' or rotating, outwards as the robot rapidly moved the pieces around.
Meanwhile, if you want to take on the fastest person to solve a Rubik's Cube, check out SeungBeom Cho, who solved a Rubik's Cube in just 4.59 seconds in October previous year. The algorithm designed inside the cube determines the step by step process involved in solving the Rubik's cube.More news: Washington sues California over protection of undocumented immigrants
"The machine can definitely go faster, but the tuning process is really time consuming since debugging needs to be done with the high speed camera, and mistakes often break the cube or blow up FETs", Katz wrote on his blog, where he also detailed the build.
The motors are now making each turn in 15ms, though the rated speed should allow for turns as fast as 10ms.
"For the time being, Jared and I have both lost interest in playing the tuning game".More news: Cranberries announce final studio album, reissue of debut
Mr. Beer is considered to have made a world record by creating a robot that finished the Rubik's puzzle in 0.637 seconds.
- 'Grey's Anatomy' to lose Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew
- Virginia advances to semifinals in ACC Tournament with win over Louisville
- (CMCSA) Shares Bought by LSV Asset Management
- Where General Electric Company (GE) Stands on Analytical Review Chart?
- (NASDAQ:LRCX) Holdings Raised by Advisory Services Network LLC
- Minimum Wage Page Cheats Named & Shamed Again
- 'Octopath Traveler' Gets a Release Date, More Game Info, and Other Goodies
- David Letterman Will Location Scout for Norm MacDonalds New Netflix Show
- Millions dig out after nor'easter slams East Coast with heavy snow
- Rick Ross Urgent 911 Call Released as Rapper Sends Message to Fans