The previous world record was 0,637 sec. and belonged to the work of Sub1 Reloaded, developed by the German albert the bear.
The video below demonstrates the Rubik's cube in an unsolved position and after that the actuators bounce vigorously, slamming squares into place like some kind of crazed version of Will Smith's character in The Pursuit of Happyness. The Rubik's Contraption uses a pair of PlayStation Eye cameras in order to near-instantly analyze and evaluate the most efficient way to solve a Rubik's Cube. In a blog post, Di Carlo explained how previous record-holders used stepper motors to rotate the cubes, and he realized that they could do better with improved motors. The Rubik's Cubes cost $4.55 and the PlayStation cameras cost $7.More news: Packers to trade Damarious Randall to Browns for QB DeShone Kizer
In the case of the Rubik's Contraption, this allowed the machine to calculate a solution even faster, by making each move more and more precise.
They had to prevent the cube from 'camming, ' or rotating, outwards as the robot rapidly moved the pieces around.
Meanwhile, if you want to take on the fastest person to solve a Rubik's Cube, check out SeungBeom Cho, who solved a Rubik's Cube in just 4.59 seconds in October previous year. The algorithm designed inside the cube determines the step by step process involved in solving the Rubik's cube.More news: (CMCSA) Shares Bought by LSV Asset Management
"The machine can definitely go faster, but the tuning process is really time consuming since debugging needs to be done with the high speed camera, and mistakes often break the cube or blow up FETs", Katz wrote on his blog, where he also detailed the build.
The motors are now making each turn in 15ms, though the rated speed should allow for turns as fast as 10ms.
"For the time being, Jared and I have both lost interest in playing the tuning game".More news: Kerala State Film Awards 2017: Indrans, Parvathy adjudged as best actors
Mr. Beer is considered to have made a world record by creating a robot that finished the Rubik's puzzle in 0.637 seconds.
- Bipartisan surprise as Ky. Senate sends teacher pension bill back to committee
- (NASDAQ:LRCX) Holdings Raised by Advisory Services Network LLC
- 'Grey's Anatomy' to lose Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew
- Minimum Wage Page Cheats Named & Shamed Again
- Florida signs gun-safety bill into law after school shooting
- Super Smash Bros confirmed for Nintendo Switch with moody announcement teaser
- Trump Tariffs Trigger Republican Rebellion
- Trump says he's working with Australia on tariff exemption
- Where General Electric Company (GE) Stands on Analytical Review Chart?
- France's Emanuel Macron Arrives In India, Gets PM Modi's Hug: 10 Points