As one quarterback comes in for the Cleveland Browns, another leaves town.
The Green Bay Packers are giving up on their first-round pick from 2015.More news: Manslaughter charges filed in death of Huffman High School student
Kizer struggled as a rookie starter, going 0-15 and leading the National Football League with 22 interceptions. He showed no improvement over the season, which was curious considering Jackson is an offensive-minded coach. Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting that Green bay will receive quarterback DeShone Kizer, the former second-round pick whose rookie season was inconsistent enough to warrant changes at the position, including exploring what became a doomed trade for AJ McCarron of the Bengals.More news: Pakistan agrees to release Indian prisoners
Despite a promising start to his career, Randall struggled through injuries and inconsistency over his final two years - although he finished strong down the stretch in 2017. Brett Hundley had some truly very bad games after Aaron Rodgers was injured. The Browns are still expected to take a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft. The Packers hope to never use Kizer, because that means Rodgers stays healthy, but perhaps they can develop the upside that so many saw before last year's draft.
It's a move that makes sense for both sides.More news: David Letterman Will Location Scout for Norm MacDonalds New Netflix Show
Kizer was thrown into the fire with the Browns and had to try to learn through experience-without the help of a veteran quarterback.
- Florida signs gun-safety bill into law after school shooting
- Cranberries announce final studio album, reissue of debut
- Kerala State Film Awards 2017: Indrans, Parvathy adjudged as best actors
- 'Grey's Anatomy' to lose Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew
- Where General Electric Company (GE) Stands on Analytical Review Chart?
- U of A researcher finds never-seen mineral inside 'super-deep diamond'
- Mother being picked up by Border Patrol officials caught on camera
- Barack Obama, Netflix in negotiations for series
- Minimum Wage Page Cheats Named & Shamed Again
- Aid convoy to Damascus rebel-held suburb postponed