After another exciting Nintendo Direct full of new content for existing titles, fans were gifted a treat with the surprise announcement of a new Super Smash Bros. title to be released on the Nintendo Switch.
Right now, there's no official name for the new SMSB game, with a catchy working title of Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. doing the rounds instead. The Switch is the most successful and popular console from Nintendo, which has kept a great track record in the quality of the games that have been introduced on it. The Wii U's Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is making its way to the Nintendo Switch on July 13th, with added levels based on Super Mario Odyssey. Everything seems to indicate that Nintendo will make its first huge release in 2018 as they plan to continue to bring new games to their appreciated Nintendo Switch console.More news: Big 12 Tournament 2018: Semifinals Scores, Championship Bracket and Schedule
YoYo Games, the home of GameMaker, made the announcement in a press release which also follows yesterday's announcement that Undertale is coming to the Switch...eventually. Which of the Switch and 3DS games on sale are you picking up? Brawl game during the Tokaigi Game Party Japan esports competition at the Makuhari Messe convention center in Chiba, Japan, on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018. Speaking of which, the trailer shows off some new additions to the team this time apart from returning favorites like Mario and Link. The game will also feature HD Rumble and players will be able to use their Joy-Cons as drumsticks.
This is just one of the new games announced for Nintendo's systems (hey, the 3DS is still being supported for now).
Details about the engine's release date - as well as a list of supported titles - will be revealed at a later time. The quirky RPG developed a huge fanbase after its PC release, and it only picked up steam from there on out with its release on PS4 and Vita past year.More news: Washington sues California over protection of undocumented immigrants
But then Nintendo took a page from Apple's playbook and announced one more thing™.
We can tell you what we do know, however.More news: Packers to trade Damarious Randall to Browns for QB DeShone Kizer
- Sensex rises 136 points; Nifty gains over 45 points
- Robot smashes Rubik's cube record, solves puzzle in 0.38 seconds
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO), United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS)
- The club that Pep Guardiola built
- What do Insider Trends Have to Say About General Electric Company (GE)?
- John P. Rielly Sells 2826 Shares of Hess Corp. (HES) Stock
- Ferrari fastest, Mercedes churns out miles as F1 tests end
- Iran jails woman for two years for not wearing headscarf
- Mississippi State's Nick Weatherspoon stretchered off after face is stepped on
- Valmark Advisers Inc. Takes Position in Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (NYSE:BABA)