Griffin told Maher she appreciated his ongoing support, saying, "Thank you for being one of the first and only people to publicly support me and say what happened is bullshit, publicly".
As for her infamous firing from CNN's New Year's Eve broadcast with Anderson Cooper, she said "I only worked there one night a week, but they made this sweeping statement". The first is set for Carnegie Hall in NY with the other one at the Kennedy Center, which Griffin joked was right in "Trump's backyard".More news: Katrina Kaif beats Deepika Padukone to play desi Lara Croft
After the audience gasped, Griffin clarified that she was "kidding" about Seinfeld.
Griffin spoke frankly with Maher about the months since the photo, about her difficulty flying and phone calls with the Department of Justice, as well as the Trump administration's remarks about her.
She captioned: Turns out I was the muse for @gucci's Fall 2018 collection.More news: Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One' to have world premiere at SXSW
"This is really scary when you're at the Singapore airport", she said, adding that her devices were confiscated even at LAX and London Heathrow. In November, during an interview on the BBC's HARDtalk, she said, "I take the apology back 1,000 percent". They put me in a detention room... She is one of the funniest people in the world.
Even worse, she was on the Interpol list for worldwide criminals. If you want the first crack at the best tickets, join my email list and you'll get a head start. "I blame the photographer... it turned out to be very wacky".
Griffin ended her segment by announcing that, for her next photoshoot, she'd pose with Mike Pence's disembodied head.More news: Trump's tariffs could hit USA state, city budgets: S&P
During an appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night, Griffin revealed her plans for two upcoming shows, in NY and "Trump's backyard", Washington D.C.
- Nun Embroiled in Katy Perry Legal Conflict Dies at 89
- Rabada set for hearing, two-Test ban looms
- Real Madrid saviour Ronaldo is from another galaxy, says Zidane
- Turkish court orders release of journalists during their trial
- Jaitley to chair 26th GST Council meeting Saturday
- Are There Any Catalysts to Propel Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:MPC) Forward?
- West Ham and police investigate after crowd disturbance
- Chasing renewal, French far-right turn to Bannon at party conference
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui responds to accusations of spying on estranged wife
- Cormark Weighs in on Kinross Gold Co.'s Q4 2017 Earnings (KGC)