Paris Saint-Germain coach Unai Emery has cast doubt on his future after Tuesday's Champions League round-of-16 exit at the hands of Real Madrid by saying that those involved with the club "might change, but the project will stay the same".
Sacchi is right: the Ligue 1 leaders are lacking ideas, leadership and any sort of positive direction, so they find themselves scratching their heads once again as they ponder how to get closer to the Champions League glory owners Oryx Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) crave.
And of course now I can't tell if I'm more nervous about the game, or about PSG wanting Pochettino as their first choice to replace Emery.
"After this elimination, the criticism is normal", Emery said ahead of Saturday's home game with Metz.
"I am thinking collectively, about the club".More news: Vin Diesel Joins Bloodshot Adaptation From Writer Eric Heisserer
"I think of the collective, the club".
It is a very valid point, and one that must be taken into account when making changes to the project this summer.
Emery, though, is not looking for scapegoats.
Emery revealed that Draxler has spoken with sporting director Antero Henrique and team coordinator Maxwell and stated his belief that the Germany global was "misinterpreted" in the heat of the moment.
"I spoke to the whole group yesterday".More news: October First Look: Varun Dhawan's wandering eyes have us and HOW!
The sources also confirmed multiple reports that PSG sporting director Antero Henrique is keen on the available Andre Villas-Boas after they worked together at Porto.
"Julian did not mean to say what he said". After a match like Tuesday, experience shows that you should not talk in the heat of the moment.
Emery believes that his players are already starting to clear their minds since the defeat.
To add insult to injury, European football's governing body UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against PSG for the spate of smoke bombs and a laser deployed by their supporters during the match at the Parc des Princes.
"The players are young, they can also say things that can be misinterpreted". "He is an important player for us".More news: Ex-Real Madrid coach Camacho: Neymar must be signed
"We also need patience". We will work with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Rusty Williams delighted with victory on comeback
- Mikaela Shiffrin wraps up second consecutive overall World Cup title
- Jeff Flake threatens bill to nullify Trump's tariffs
- Emma Watson & Chord Overstreet Dating Rumors Are Swirling
- The Sopranos Is Getting A Prequel Movie From David Chase
- IMI (LON:IMI) Earns "Reduce" Rating from Numis Securities
- New Poll Is Happy News for Senate Republicans
- Israeli Scientists Discover that Jupiter's Stripes Are Thicker than Previously Thought
- Neymar dreaming of Barcelona return in 2019
- Save an additional 20 percent off everything on eBay today only