Thousands of Ghanaians are now at the Independence Square in Accra to commemorate the celebration of the event.
Omokri wondered how Buhari intends to help Ghana fight corruption when Nigeria's graft rating has increased. "My tribute also goes to all those who have paid the supreme sacrifices in the cause of nation-building", he said.
In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbodiyan, in Abuja on Wednessday, said President Muhammadu Buhari should be ashamed that while his Ghanaian Counterpart, President Nana Akufo-Addo, paraded credentials of a robust economy and a peaceful nation, Nigeria, under the Buhari Presidency was plagued with economic recession and an upsurge of violence and daily bloodletting.More news: Vetr Downgrades Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) to Hold
President Akufo-Addo yesterday swore in three more persons to represent the country's interest overseas. "Accept my congratulations!", he said.
"In the same vein, we hope President Buhari notes that unlike his Ghanaian counterpart, who initiated development projects and opened factories, in Nigeria under his watch, many factories have shut down, infrastructures are collapsing, inflation has soared, fuel price has moved from N86.50 to N250-N300 per liter in various parts of his country, while the nation's debt profile has continued to escalate", PDP added.
President Buhari delivering his speech at 61st Ghana Independence Anniversary.More news: Sensex rises 136 points; Nifty gains over 45 points
He will also underscore Nigeria's commitment to strengthening the bilateral ties in furtherance of democracy, good governance and overall development not only in the West African sub-region, but also the African continent.
On behalf of the Government and people of Nigeria, I join other well-wishers to congratulate the Government and the good people of Ghana on this momentous occasion of your celebration of freedom.
According to the Accra Regional Police Operations Officer, Chief Superintendent Kwasi Ofori, about 300 Togolese had to be dispersed at the Kawukudi Park because their intended action was in clear breach of Ghana's public order act.More news: Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO), United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS)
The post Buhari Calls For Unity, Peace At Ghana's Independence Celebrations appeared first on Channels Television. Click any of these buttons below!
- Former student pleads guilty in drunk driving, manslaughter case from 2016
- The club that Pep Guardiola built
- Jalen Hurts Trolls Charles Barkley With National Championship Trophy After Losing Bet
- Mississippi State's Nick Weatherspoon stretchered off after face is stepped on
- Period uniforms and aircraft, but no tanks — Trump's military parade
- John P. Rielly Sells 2826 Shares of Hess Corp. (HES) Stock
- New bill proposes to legalize sports betting in NY
- Widow of jailed wildlife expert prevented from leaving Iran
- Big 12 Tournament 2018: Semifinals Scores, Championship Bracket and Schedule
- Stream Logic's 'Bobby Tarantino II' Mixtape