The online streaming service has managed to entice several popular TV fixtures to sign on recently including the likes of Ryan Murphy, Shonda Rhimes, plus a string of popular comedians and filmmakers.
Jill Abramson, 63, the former executive editor for The New York Times from 2011 to 2014, claimed she keeps a therapy doll of the 44th president to get her through the Trump Administration, she wrote in The Guardian Mar. 7th.More news: U.S. may tie North Atlantic Treaty Organisation contributions to tariff exemptions
Obama senior adviser Eric Schultz, in a statement provided to The Associated Press, said the Obamas believe in the power of storytelling to inspire. "They said the Obamas had talked about producing shows that highlight inspirational stories".
It's noted that the Obamas are not using this as a political platform, so Donald Trump is not expected to be the focus of any of the shows.More news: Kejriwal writes to Modi, Rahul seeks appointments to resolve sealing issue
Basically every detail you'd want to know about the possible agreement remains unanswered, including queries about how much the former first family's compensation will be and whether the production would take the shape of a mini-series or documentary, or perhaps one-on-one interviews or live footage of the former president playing basketball with interesting guests. "As they consider their future personal plans, they continue to explore new ways to help others tell and share their stories", he added. As for their Netflix deal, we'll have more on it as news develops. Although the move might seem controversial in the United States, Michelle and Barack Obama are still very well-liked and respected internationally. It won't come cheap, though.
Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama would provide Netflix with exclusive content, with the format and number of shows yet to be determined, The New York Times reported citing people familiar with the matter.More news: Where Is Amy Yu? Teen and Man, 45, in 'Secretive Relationship' Vanish
- South African officials charged over Williams masks
- West Ham and police investigate after crowd disturbance
- Radio traffic shows deputy knew location of school shooter
- EXTREME UNIVERSE: Rob Liefeld's Comic Book Characters Land Netflix Film Deals
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui responds to accusations of spying on estranged wife
- Real Madrid saviour Ronaldo is from another galaxy, says Zidane
- Dani Alves denies wiping his nose on Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo
- California police officer killed, another wounded by suspect barricaded inside home
- Indian Coast Guard chopper crash lands, woman pilot injured
- Chasing renewal, French far-right turn to Bannon at party conference