Aaron Judge of the New York Yankees celebrates after winning the T-Mobile Home Run Derby at Marlins Park on July 10, 2017 in Miami, Florida. But it sounds like one victory is enough for the 2017 American League home run king.
Sanchez burst onto the scene on a torrid pace in 2016, when he hit 20 home runs in only 53 games.More news: The Sopranos Is Getting A Prequel Movie From David Chase
Last summer, Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge delighted baseball fans with an extraordinary Home Run Derby performance, launching 47 bombs on the way to a Derby crown. I thought he was joking around when I heard it on the podcast, but today in Tampa, Judge doubled down and told reporters he's probably not going to participate in the Home Run Derby again.
"A cool experience", Judge said Thursday. "That would be our one little day off if you're an All-Star". However, he thinks that he's one and done after winning it previous year. I was hoping to at least see Judge defend his title this season. "I know everyone always talks about [how] the Derby will do that, but it didn't have that effect on me".More news: Centaurus Financial Inc. Purchases Shares of 9037 Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
"The derby wasn't even that big of a toll, to be honest", Judge said. It was just like taking BP. It really wasn't too taxing. I wasn't trying to swing 110 percent.
He admitted early in camp that his left shoulder that required offseason surgery began to bother him right around the All-Star break, right before he went into an extended slump. "I was taking a normal 80-90 percent swing, just trying to make contact".More news: Ye Mantram Vesave Movie Review: Let's Wait For Vijay Devarakonda's Next Movie!
Even if Judge doesn't participate, the Bronx Bombers still could have multiple representatives.
- October First Look: Varun Dhawan's wandering eyes have us and HOW!
- Anthony Davis Won't Play vs. Wizards After Ankle Injury Diagnosed as Sprain
- Emma Watson & Chord Overstreet Dating Rumors Are Swirling
- Sri Lanka Buddhist monks slam anti-Muslim riots
- New Poll Is Happy News for Senate Republicans
- Emery: PSG will one day win the Champions League
- Oklahoma Education Association holds press conference, announces demand for $10000 teacher raise
- Canada to Get Temporary Exemption From Tariffs
- Jeff Flake threatens bill to nullify Trump's tariffs
- Trump, Kim to hold historic talks in May