"My kidney was very active, and when she turned, she broke an artery", Raisa revealed, adding that Gomez had to be taken to emergency surgery to have a vein from her leg removed to build a new artery that would keep her new kidney in place.
Gomez's operation was part of ongoing treatment for lupus, which compromises the immune system and vital organs. "The list is seven to ten years long, '" Raisa told Harry Connick Jr.in February about her decision to donate. "My mentality was to keep going", she told the Today show. I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to drink anything. That was when she volunteered to be tested. And let alone someone wanting to volunteer, it is incredibly hard to find a match.More news: Sea of Thieves' Final Beta Is Open, and It's Live Right Now
"So she's up and at it immediately and I had a hard time".
She said: "It's harder as the donor because we are losing something our body didn't need to lose, so trying to recover from that and she's gaining something her body needed". We all have our moments, so I just let her do her thing, I didn't ask questions.
"She couldn't open a water bottle one day". Then Gomez fell to the floor and started crying.
"I'm very grateful that there are people who know what to do in that situation", Selena said in a sit-down Good Morning America interview, explaining that a normal kidney transplant surgery takes two hours.More news: Former Irish President Slams Catholic Church as 'Empire of Misogyny'
The Grown-ish star stepped in to aid her friend and agreed to give Gomez part of her own kidney.
"We went through a depression at the time", she said. "I really left it up to her". And it just came out of me, and I said, "I'll get tested". "I love you so much sis".
"Disney and ABC Family had the stars of their shows go to the children's hospital, and we were in the same group".More news: Martin Shkreli the 'Pharma Bro' jailed for seven years
- Price Performance Review on Shares of Sharpspring Inc (SHSP)
- Mario Tennis Switch Release Date, More Details Revealed
- MIT researchers say nuclear fusion will feed the grid "in 15 years"
- Statement by Min. Olivia Grange in Observance of Int'l Women's Day
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Not On Break But Things Aren't "Perfect"
- Dana to Take Over GKN's Automotive Driveline Business
- BAE Systems shares jump on provisional Saudi Typhoon fighter jet deal
- Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 releasing on October 12th 2018
- Police Officers Shot, 1 Fatally, In Missouri
- Radio Calls Contradict Claims Made by Disgraced Parkland Deputy