Twelve people died from the flu between February 25 and March 3, bringing the total number of flu deaths in the state to 276, according to data released by health officials on Thursday.
A woman in her 60s, with underlying medical conditions, also died as a result of complications related to the flu.
The number of confirmed flu cases in NY continued to sharply decline for a second consecutive week, state officials announced Thursday.More news: You'll lose sleep this weekend, but spring's around the corner!
While cases may be down, flu remains widespread, and health providers in the coalition are remaining vigilant.
Both Floyd Medical Center and Redmond Regional Medical Center are planning on returning to their normal visitation policies Monday as flu cases continue to decline.
Tulsa County had 42 deaths and 1,098 hospitalizations as of Tuesday, the state health department said.More news: Pitt fires coach Kevin Stallings after 0-18 ACC season
At the end of January, the Naval Center Camp Lejeune reported an influx of patients in their emergency room with flu-like symptoms, causing extremely long lines. The investigators also saw a protective effect from natural flu infection in previous seasons. They noted that the findings might not be generalizable to other age-groups, given that schoolchildren typically have high immune responses to vaccines, and added that more studies are needed to confirm the findings.
Connecticut's flu season has been the deadliest in years.
Carteret Health Care restricted vistors under age 18 and limited the number of visitors per patient to two people. "In addition, prescription antiviral medications may help treat the flu", Webster said.More news: 'Warm words, no action': Government rejects 25p 'latte levy' proposal
"Overall vaccine efficacy improves with the newer technologies if their quicker manufacturing times are combined with government-provided seed virus submissions from increased surveillance at the global level for mutations in the antigenic target of flu vaccines", said Gilbert Saint-Jean, Ph.D., healthcare analyst at GlobalData, in a company press release.
- LHC extends stay against Hafiz Saeed's detention
- Sufi Singer Pyare Lal Wadali Passes Away, Was Suffering From Heart Ailment
- Donald Trump slammed for damaging global trading system
- Human Hands Have Been Discovered At A Popular Fishing Spot
- May pledges response if Russian Federation found behind attack
- Mohammad Shami stunned after wife raises hell online
- Mateo Kovacic: 'Real Madrid born for the Champions League'
- You'll soon be able to upgrade from Windows 10 S for free
- Nintendo serves up Mario Tennis Aces onto Switch, arriving June 22nd
- Missing baby found dead after disturbing text prompts Amber Alert