U.S. Women's Hockey Wins First Olympic Gold In Two Decades, doing so with an impressive victory over team Canada 3-2.
The last time the American U.S. Women's hockey team took home the gold was 1998, the first year of Women's Hockey in the Olympics.More news: David Padgett talks about Louisville's 67-66 loss to No. 1 Virginia
The 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, kicked off on February 9 with a moving opening ceremony that saw all of the athletes from every participating nation marching together under a banner of unity.
Team U.S.A. sat fourth on the leaderboard with a total of 23 medals won, according to The Guardian, falling short of their 2014 Olympics, when they won a total of 28 medals.More news: Luka Modric Charged with False Testimony in Former Dinamo Zagreb Exec's Trial
GANGNEUNG, SOUTH KOREA - FEBRUARY 22, 2018: Gold medalists, United States players celebrate during a victory ceremony for the women's ice hockey event at the Winter Olympic Games at Gangneung Hockey Centre. It was the country's first ever Olympic medal in the sport.
Going into this Winter Olympics, several athletes had been under huge pressure to win gold but ended with nothing. They won 13 gold, 14 silver and 11 bronze. Figure skater Nathan Chen, 18, was expected to end his Olympic debut with a gold medal, but he fell short after a disastrous short program, which led him to end in fifth place.More news: Weather warnings extended until tomorrow morning
South Korea also set history wining gold for the first time in speed skating. During their preparation for the 2018 Winter Olympics, the hockey team lived and trained in Wesley Chapel. It will be hosted by China.
- #NBATwitter Responds To JR Smith's Soup-Throwing Suspension
- Aly Raisman suing US Olympic Committee, USA Gymnastics over Nassar sexual abuse
- Photos show python devouring Florida deer weighing more than itself
- Fantastic drone pics reveal MILLIONS of penguins in Antarctic 'mega-colonies'
- Tiger Shroff & Disha Patani recreate 'Mundiyan To Bach Ke'
- The JC Penney (JCP) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Friday
- United Kingdom police detain three suspects in explosion attack
- A First Look at the Redesigned 2019 GMC Sierra 1500
- Far Cry 5 live-action trailer details its villain, Father Joseph
- Should more companies join NRA boycott in wake of Parkland massacre?