Till 9 am, Nagaland saw 17 percent voter turnout but by 11 am the voter turnout rose to 39 percent.
A village council member was injured in the incident which took place just hours before voting for Assembly elections in the state. According to sources, the crude bomb landed on the roof of the EBRC Tizit, designated Polling station no 20 and the splinters injured one person. Prohibitory orders banning the assembly of five or more people were imposed in Dhansiripar sub-division under Dimapur district on Tuesday, the Nagaland Post reported.
One person was shot dead during a clash between BJP and NPF supporters in Akuluto constituency in Zunheboto district.More news: Aly Raisman suing US Olympic Committee, USA Gymnastics over Nassar sexual abuse
Following this no-election diktat, the political parties had initially kept away from the poll process and the first batch of 22 contestants filed their candidature only on the penultimate day on February 5, though the filing of nominations had begun on January 31. Zeliang in fact had said that he has no problems with the BJP so as the saffron party did not push the "communal agenda".
In 2013, former chief minister Neiphiu Rio from Northern Angami-I A/C won the election with the highest margin of 12,271.
Sinha said the polling time in 103 polling stations spread over six districts will be from 7 a.m.to 3 p.m., while the polling time for the remaining 2,053 polling stations is 7 a.m.to 4 p.m. No one else filed nomination from Northern Angami-II constituency so Rio was declared victor before polling even began.More news: Far Cry 5 live-action trailer details its villain, Father Joseph
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is contesting the polls in a pre-poll alliance with NDPP.
The Naga Peoples Front (NPF) today lodged a complaint to the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) and said that political parties and candidates are required not to indulge in anything repugnant to the ideals and principles enshrined in the Constitution and directed to avoid making promises, which are likely to vitiate the purity of the election process or exert undue influence on the voters in exercising their franchise.More news: Russell Wilson Strikes Out in Spring Training Debut With Yankees
- Luka Modric Charged with False Testimony in Former Dinamo Zagreb Exec's Trial
- GitHub whacked by 'biggest ever' 1.35Tbps DDoS attack
- Melanie Trump's 2001 'Einstein visa' raises questions about qualifications
- Liverpool interested in signing Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina?
- American Beacon Advisors Inc. Buys Shares of 1764 Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC)
- Limited edition HEB Selena tote bags selling fast, already posted on eBay
- A First Look at the Redesigned 2019 GMC Sierra 1500
- Justin Trudeau Supports The Idea That His Trip To India Was Sabotaged
- Should more companies join NRA boycott in wake of Parkland massacre?
- Tiger Shroff & Disha Patani recreate 'Mundiyan To Bach Ke'