She had since underwent treatment in a number of places, including the Mater Hospital.
Catherine Nevin passed away in hospice care after on Monday night after battling a brain tumor for two years.
She became known as the "Black Widow" during the trial.More news: Germany to Announce Decision of Diesel Cars Ban on Thursday
The femme fatale - caged for life in 2000 for orchestrating the 1996 slaying of husband Tom at their pub Jack White's Inn in Brittas Bay, Co Wicklow - was liberated at the end of August following months of medical treatment for an inoperable brain tumour.
He then tied up Catherine Nevin in an effort to make the incident appear to have been part of a robbery. And while several thousand pounds were missing from the pub, Nevin's jewellery box was found on the hall floor with jewellery scattered around it - although no items were missing.
She received a life sentence following five days of deliberations to conclude a trial that dominated the Irish media.More news: Investigation of California senator finds 6 misconduct cases
Convicted murderer Catherine Nevin has died in Dublin following a long illness.
The Black Widow maintained that the well-liked publican Tom had been targeted by a random intruder, despite her conviction.More news: Google AI scans retina to predict heart disease risk
"What they went through must have been awful as well and I would never dismiss that in any way, shape or form", he said.
- Arkansas sex-and-spanking judge is going to jail for bribery
- Endurance Wealth Management Inc. Sells 2150 Shares of Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD)
- Catalan separatist Anna Gabriel flees Spain to seek exile in Geneva
- Alex Trebek: Running for office 'a possibility'
- Revenue Estimates Analysis Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Student arrested after making potential shooting threat at Opelika High School
- Wu Dajing ends China's gold drought at PyeongChang Olympics
- Man intentionally drives vehicle into hospital, sets himself on fire
- Kia Motors India to begin production in second half of 2019
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Holdings Increased by Alpha Cubed Investments LLC