Launchbury is to win his 50th England cap having made his debut against Fiji in 2012 while Hartley becomes the nation's second most capped player by surpassing the 91-appearance mark set by Jonny Wilkinson.
The 136th Calcutta Cup clash - the game's oldest global fixture - will register milestones for Joe Launchbury and captain Dylan Hartley.
"Last year we let our emotions get to us a little bit too much", the 30-year-old told reporters.
Nathan Hughes who starts at No 8 wears a weights vest as he tackles the ascent in training
While George Ford and Owen Farrell are firmly installed as England's fly-half and inside center combination, coach Eddie Jones has varied his choice of outside center depending on the nature of the opposition.
'We will need to be very tough and relentless in our defence to keep the pressure on this Scottish team. "I just feel that we need to forget about how big a game it is and just go in there with clear heads".
Ireland full-back Rob Kearney is expecting another close tussle with Wales in Saturday's Six Nations game at the Aviva Stadium. "Against Wales everybody hyped us up - "Scotland are going to win, Scotland are going to win" - and I think we obviously believed that. We believed we could just go and win, just needed to show up", said Reid of the match in Cardiff where Scotland were always second best and lost 34-7. Taking on England is going to be a huge challenge and we are well aware that only our very best will be good enough in this fixture.More news: Family who took in Florida shooter didn't see warning signs
"It depends on each player, but I'm one who is never quite sure if he's playing until the team has been named".
"It will be interesting to see whether they [England] stay onside".
On a more serious note, he added that his time on the sidelines was beneficial, helping contribute to his return to the Scotland squad.More news: FCC to officially publish net neutrality repeal Thursday
"We watched the game previous year and we've watched their games over the last few weeks and to generate that line speed, especially off first phase, you have to make sure you stay 10 metres back off line-outs before the ball is delivered and you don't get beyond the back foot of the ruck in phase play".More news: Merged with Palaniswami faction on PM advice: OP
- Allahabad HC rejects petition seeking re-investigation into Gorakhpur riots
- Pak proxy war causing planned Bangladeshi influx into Northeast: Army chief
- Kentucky beats Arkansas, Kevin Knox puts up 23 - Recap, Box score
- Nektar Inks $1.85B Bristol-Myers Cancer Drug Collaboration
- Newcastle reject remarkably fires club step closer to Champions League last eight
- Hadiya case; SC to continue hearing
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Ostersund
- US strikes gold in women's cross-country skiing
- All the Olympic medals Team USA has won in PyeongChang
- The US Federal Reserve will continue raising interest rates