Launchbury is to win his 50th England cap having made his debut against Fiji in 2012 while Hartley becomes the nation's second most capped player by surpassing the 91-appearance mark set by Jonny Wilkinson.
The 136th Calcutta Cup clash - the game's oldest global fixture - will register milestones for Joe Launchbury and captain Dylan Hartley.
"Last year we let our emotions get to us a little bit too much", the 30-year-old told reporters.
Nathan Hughes who starts at No 8 wears a weights vest as he tackles the ascent in training
While George Ford and Owen Farrell are firmly installed as England's fly-half and inside center combination, coach Eddie Jones has varied his choice of outside center depending on the nature of the opposition.
'We will need to be very tough and relentless in our defence to keep the pressure on this Scottish team. "I just feel that we need to forget about how big a game it is and just go in there with clear heads".
Ireland full-back Rob Kearney is expecting another close tussle with Wales in Saturday's Six Nations game at the Aviva Stadium. "Against Wales everybody hyped us up - "Scotland are going to win, Scotland are going to win" - and I think we obviously believed that. We believed we could just go and win, just needed to show up", said Reid of the match in Cardiff where Scotland were always second best and lost 34-7. Taking on England is going to be a huge challenge and we are well aware that only our very best will be good enough in this fixture.More news: Hadiya case; SC to continue hearing
"It depends on each player, but I'm one who is never quite sure if he's playing until the team has been named".
"It will be interesting to see whether they [England] stay onside".
On a more serious note, he added that his time on the sidelines was beneficial, helping contribute to his return to the Scotland squad.More news: US strikes gold in women's cross-country skiing
"We watched the game previous year and we've watched their games over the last few weeks and to generate that line speed, especially off first phase, you have to make sure you stay 10 metres back off line-outs before the ball is delivered and you don't get beyond the back foot of the ruck in phase play".More news: Braehmer pulls out of Super Series semi-final
- Merged with Palaniswami faction on PM advice: OP
- Man who died in Yellowstone was looking for hidden treasure
- Family who took in Florida shooter didn't see warning signs
- Pak proxy war causing planned Bangladeshi influx into Northeast: Army chief
- Dana White confirms McGregor will be stripped of lightweight belt
- Kentucky beats Arkansas, Kevin Knox puts up 23 - Recap, Box score
- Iran says nuclear deal is 'worst ever' - and it's Trump's fault
- Newcastle reject remarkably fires club step closer to Champions League last eight
- PNB fraud: ED raids shell firms; IT attaches Rs 145cr assets
- FCC to officially publish net neutrality repeal Thursday