BJP president Amit Shah, in Karnataka to campaign for assembly elections due soon, today accused chief minister Siddaramaiah of the Congress of "playing politics of appeasement", asking why no first information report or FIR was registered against M N Haris, the son of a Congress lawmaker and who is accused of beating up a man at a restaurant in Bengaluru on Saturday. "How can the government defend and justify withdrawal of cases of the PFI and SDPI?"
Each and every person is entitled to know what has happened to the grants, Mr Shah said and alleged the amounts have reached the pockets of the powers that be in the state. "What message do you want to convey to the people", he asked. "The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is there to protect the nation, not to solve cases in the state".More news: Biggest child care investment in BC history unveiled
Yesterday, the police slapped tougher charges - attempt to murder - against Mohammed Haris that carry a maximum punishment of life imprisonment.
The Centre's ambitious plan to provide health insurance to 10 crore poor families across the country, besides its thrust on the rural sector, especially agriculture, will also figure in the day-long deliberations which will conclude with Modi's address, party sources said. "But I am thankful to the media for keeping this issue alive and debating on it despite fear of goondagiri from the MLA's son". Among the injured, three are BJP workers Rahul, Lokesh, Vipin and one is from Muslim community named Aamir. While the UPA government during the 13th Finance Commission had released Rs.88,583 crore to Karnataka, the NDA government under the 14th Finance Commission has so far released Rs.2,19,506 crore to Karnataka. It is condemnable that Nirav Modi is being linked to the PM. "Already over Rs 5,000 crore has been seized in raids", he said. Shah also said that BJP has always been accountable where Congress has not. Shah who came to the stage waved at the party workers and the leaders gave him a traditional welcome with a Peta, and shawl.More news: BC gov't challenging Alberta's wine ban
"BJP is very different from other parties".More news: T25-Rutgers-Ohio State,1st Ld-Writethru
- Karnataka: Case filed against Congress leader who sprinkled petrol inside ward office
- (NVDA) Shares Bought by Destination Wealth Management
- WhatsApp Beta for Windows Phone gets stickers, live location sharing features
- SpaceX to launch first of its global internet satellites
- Best Twitter for Mac Alternatives: Tweetbot vs Twitterrific
- A Red Monday and a Better Tuesday - FTSE on the Market
- Lindsey Vonn Returns To The Podium In Final Olympic Downhill Race
- No, Joel Embiid didn't cheat during the NBA Skills Challenge
- Toxic Mavericks office culture included sexual harassment, misogyny
- 3 cadets killed in school shooting awarded medals