According to IBT, copycat threats are a common occurrence after sensational incidents like the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. However, he also said they can't tell yet whether the threats were made by one or multiple people or whether that person or persons had a connection to the Carmel High School community.
Blankenship met with Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones II, Assistant Director of Schools Kristi Windsor, Rusty Vineyard (a school resource officer who is captain over all SROs), and other administrators on Friday morning to discuss safety plans.
Police Sgt. Oliver Hernandez said the department received word about the threat from parents, and sent officers to the school to ensure that there are no problems.
Parents were initially notified of the matter Saturday afternoon by way of an email from Principal Jon Tallamy.More news: Sony's mysterious video teaser ahead of MWC 2018
Erie County: Police investigated at least two threats in Erie County, according to WKBW Buffalo. "The recent event in Florida reminds us all to be sensitive to any signs of a threat and to be extra vigilant in taking care of each other".
Norfolk, Virginia, detectives have arrested a 14-year-old Lake Taylor Middle School student on Monday for threatening to harm classmates if they attended classes on Tuesday. It was the third deadliest school shooting in United States history.
Many parents were upset that they were not notified of the active situation by authorities, and instead found out from their scared and anxious children.
The national conversation should also involve a discussion about the need to report concerns to authorities rather than spread them verbally or on social media, potentially sparking unfounded rumors.More news: Xbox Games with Gold March 2018: SUPERHOT & more
She added the district works "in conjunction with and under the guidance of" Baraboo police to determine "what should be presented to parents as communication".
"The safety and security of our students is our number one priority at RSD", he said.
We will share any updated information as it is available and are working closely with police to monitor the situation.
Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton previously said authorities are investigating the incident, but no charges have been issued.More news: No. 6 Purdue 76, Penn State 73: Quick thoughts
- Fox Offers Extended Sky News Commitment in Revised Sky Deal Concessions
- 'Transformers' franchise to hit reset button
- Eurogroup backs Spain's Luis de Guindos to be next European Central Bank vice president
- Japanese 'Super Dad' Wins Custody of 13 Surrogate-Born Babies
- Supreme Court won't hear challenge to California gun waiting period
- California Assemblywoman Christina Garcia Fired Staffer For Not Playing Spin The Bottle
- Travis Scott speaks about daughter Stormi
- Dallas Leader Calls On NRA To Scrap Meeting There
- Daimler AG Latest Under Diesel Emissions Microscope
- Different year, same story: 1000 students expelled during Bihar Board Exam