A big area of high pressure moved atop the region last night into early Saturday morning making for mostly clear skies, light winds, and some much colder temperatures.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning in areas south of the Massachusetts Turnpike ahead of the storm Saturday evening.
The National Weather Service is predicting a major winter storm with heavy snow and strong winds to hammer northwest Montana, which will also affect the Missoula area.
Leach said the combination will bring very hard driving conditions in northwest Montana.More news: How to easily get back your "View Image" button in Google
The snow will begin melting on Monday when temperatures begin to warm, forecasters said.
SUNDAY: Snow ends early in the morning around daybreak.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 46.
Monday will then be in the low 60s! Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Far northern and western Virginia will have the best chance of a few inches of snow and sleet.More news: Pogba ruled out of FA Cup tie due to illness
A warm front will hit CT on Monday and some rain should be expected in the afternoon. Wind chill values as low as -10. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible. Frank said there's even a small chance thermometers could hit 70 at some point. Low around 23. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 9 miles per hour after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 55. Winds may gust as high as 37 miles per hour.
An Eversource spokesperson said there were 2,800 power outages across the state on Sunday morning and were most likely related to Dakota.
Monday: Sunny, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation, the localized forecast continues, is 100%. This cold front is then expected to linger across the region overnight Wednesday into Thursday keeping shower chances around along with plenty of clouds.More news: NASCAR's young look on display at Daytona 500
- With Skiing Gold, Ester Ledecka Earns New Respect-for Snowboarders
- Out of patience, ready for any sacrifice for Andhra's interest: Naidu
- Manhunt for Akron native accused of shooting, killing 4-year-old
- Justin Bieber Is Supporting Selena Gomez After Her Latest Rehab Stint
- Four killed, four wounded by unidentified shooter in Dagestan's Kizlyar
- Turkey 'key partner' in fight against terror, German interior min says
- Olympic skier shades Mike Pence after breaking thumb
- All-Star Roundtable: Predicting the Winners of All-Star Weekend
- Conte reveals how Chelsea can hurt Barcelona
- West Brom knocked out of FA Cup after week of woe