The current season's World Cup leader Redmond Gerard of the United States had the fourth-best score, and Norway's Sochi silver medalist Staale Sandbech put down an 82.13-point run, the fifth best.
Parrot, 23, fell on his second-last jumps in each of his first two runs, but then lowered the degree of difficulty on his final run, performed it cleanly, and won the silver with a score of 86.00.More news: Safe return needed for Rohingya refugees - Johnson
Less than a year after a fall that almost claimed his life, Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris was back on the medal podium on Saturday.
And the victor of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics' first gold medal is.
This is McMorris's second Olympic medal and he'll have another shot at getting on the podium when he tackles the big air event this week.More news: Historically, North And South Korea's Talks Haven't Accomplished Much
Ontario's Tyler Nicholson finished seventh with a best score of 76.41, while Quebecer Sebastien Toutant finished 11th with a best of 61.08.
"I'm really happy with my first run", said Parrot. And within months the 24-year-old was back on his snowboard.
That last boarder was Parrot, who adjusted his run after falling on the same trick during his first two runs. "It's worse when you play it safe and it doesn't work out".More news: Kim Jong Un invited South Korean president to North Korea, Seoul says
Norway's Marit Bjørgen took silver, 7.8 seconds back, to become the most decorated female winter Olympian of all time while Finland's Krista Parmakoski clinched bronze, 10.1 seconds behind the victor. "I probably shouldn't even be here, so I'm pretty stoked". McMorris sees himself as a pure snowboarder who values his time filming and riding in the backcountry every bit as much, or more, than competition. "So I think he just stopped that for his image or maybe he does it secretly, I don't know". The big air finals are set for February 23-24 at Alpensia Ski Jumping Centre.
- Pratt & Whitney engine issue could ground some planes
- Heading home, Pence insists 'no daylight' on North Korea
- Kim Yo Jong Fascinates, And Puzzles, In South Korea
- Winter Olympics 2018: North and South Korea hold landmark meeting
- Winter Olympics kicks off with Korean show of unity
- Mkhitaryan has no excuses for United struggles
- Trump's Bold Memo Snub Risks High-Stakes Standoff with Dems, Feds,
- Trump aide's abuse scandal bruises White House
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president for talks in the North
- Rand Paul Triggers Overnight Government Shutdown