While many in the press touted a conspiracy theory involving Russian hackers taking revenge on the Olympic Committee for a December 2017 ban on the Russia due to accusations of doping at the 2014 Sochi games, Seoul was quick to shut down the false allegations.
The Trump administration is wary of engagement with the North, which has been subjected to increasingly tough worldwide sanctions, unless it shows clear signs of giving up its nuclear weapons program.
NBC is stuck with the deal, though, because it negotiated Olympics broadcast rights through the year 2032 in a reported $7.32 billion agreement. It recently tested its first batch of three intercontinental ballistic missiles and its most powerful nuclear weapon to date.More news: North's 'army of beauties' seduces as Koreans' Olympics debut ends in tears
Pence said the USA would "demand at the outset of any new dialogue or negotiations that the Kim regime put denuclearization on the table and take concrete steps with the world community to dismantle, permanently and irreversibly, their nuclear and ballistic missile programs".
Pence avoided public criticism of Moon, congratulating South Korea on hosting the Olympics and pledging continued support in addressing the North's nuclear threat. "I wanted to connect South Korea's past, present and future".
Pence and the North Korean delegation, who both attended the Games opening ceremony, had no contact with each other.More news: The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Shares Bought by Cornerstone Capital Inc
Later, Moon watched the joint Korean women's ice hockey team - the first ever combined team at the Olympics - take on Switzerland, joining Kim Yo Jong and Kim Yong Nam, the North's nominal head of state, who is also visiting the South for the Games.
In an extraordinary moment that could hardly be fathomed one month ago, North and South Korea have entered the PyeongChang Olympic Stadium together. The supporters waved blue and white flags that showed an undivided Korean Peninsula.
Kim sent the invitation to the South through a particularly close and trusted envoy: his only sister, Kim Yo Jong.More news: Trump To Unveil $1.5 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Days After Signing Massive Budget
- Rival Koreas march under one flag at Pyeongchang opening ceremony
- 'Pari' new poster out, Anushka is surrounded by demons
- Pep Guardiola: 'Vincent Kompany will lift Premier League title'
- Kim Jong-un Invites South Korean President to Pyongyang
- Snapchat users are not happy about the new update
- Boston Celtics: Concern sets in following blowout loss to Cavs
- GOP Candidate Branded 'Sad' and 'Sick' for Meghan Markle Tweet
- US Vice-President Mike Pence raises prospect of talks with North Korea
- Redmi Note 5 India Launch is Scheduled for February 14
- Shah Rukh Khan goes under water for 33.3 million Twitter followers