With the win, Anderson joins Red Gerard as America's two Olympic gold medalists in slopestyle; the US also swept the event in Sochi, where it was held for the first time at the Winter Olympics.
American snowboarder Jamie Anderson won gold in women's snowboard slopestyle Monday at the PyeongChang Olympics.More news: Brazil legend Ronaldo wants Neymar in Madrid
But an even bigger threat may come from Marino, who was the first woman to land a double in a slopestyle competition in 2016, and placed second behind Anderson in the 2017 slopestyle rankings. Now she's got another title: two-time Olympic gold medalist.
Canada's Laurie Blouin won silver, and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi won bronze.More news: Saudi Ritz-Carlton used as prison re-opens to the public
Jamie Anderson, Hailey Langland, Jessika Jenson and Julia Marino will all be competing for Team USA in the strongest contingent that any country will send. Looking for breaking news, videos, Olympic and Paralympic team bios all at your fingertips? The majority of athletes experienced at least one fall per run, including Anderson on her second.
Due to poor weather conditions and high winds in Pyeongchang, the snowboarders competed in two runs rather than the regular three where the best score of the two runs counted. Officials chose to hold a two-run final on Monday morning. She proved triumphant after 17-year-old Red Gerard won gold for the Americans in the men's slopestyle. Last month Anderson became the most decorated woman in X Games history with 15 medals, including five golds. This will be her 2nd Olympics after struggling a little bit in Sochi.More news: With Fifty Shades Freed, the Franchise Crosses $1 Billion
- Jose Mourinho digs out Alexis Sanchez & Anthony Martial after Manchester United defeat
- Kendrick Lamar releases 'Black Panther' Soundtrack
- N Korean 'First Sister' Returns Home After Sensational Appearance at Olympics
- Huddersfield boss Wagner delighted with 'huge win' over Bournemouth
- Canadian Figure Skaters Drop Horniest Part Of Routine To Secure #1 Spot
- PM Modi delivers keynote address in UAE
- Jerusalem was highlight of my year, says Donald Trump
- Modi meets French PM Philippe, discusses ways to strengthen ties
- Amid Olympic Détente, Pence Snubs North Koreans In Visit To Pyeongchang
- Will North Koreans try to defect at the Olympics?