With the win, Anderson joins Red Gerard as America's two Olympic gold medalists in slopestyle; the US also swept the event in Sochi, where it was held for the first time at the Winter Olympics.
American snowboarder Jamie Anderson won gold in women's snowboard slopestyle Monday at the PyeongChang Olympics.More news: Duke snaps losing streak by dropping Georgia Tech
But an even bigger threat may come from Marino, who was the first woman to land a double in a slopestyle competition in 2016, and placed second behind Anderson in the 2017 slopestyle rankings. Now she's got another title: two-time Olympic gold medalist.
Canada's Laurie Blouin won silver, and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi won bronze.More news: Wisconsin men's basketball: Badgers look to start winning streak against MI
Jamie Anderson, Hailey Langland, Jessika Jenson and Julia Marino will all be competing for Team USA in the strongest contingent that any country will send. Looking for breaking news, videos, Olympic and Paralympic team bios all at your fingertips? The majority of athletes experienced at least one fall per run, including Anderson on her second.
Due to poor weather conditions and high winds in Pyeongchang, the snowboarders competed in two runs rather than the regular three where the best score of the two runs counted. Officials chose to hold a two-run final on Monday morning. She proved triumphant after 17-year-old Red Gerard won gold for the Americans in the men's slopestyle. Last month Anderson became the most decorated woman in X Games history with 15 medals, including five golds. This will be her 2nd Olympics after struggling a little bit in Sochi.More news: QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Shares Sold by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- Amid Olympic Détente, Pence Snubs North Koreans In Visit To Pyeongchang
- US wants to privatize International Space Station
- Mirai Nagasu was so pumped after nailing triple axel
- With Fifty Shades Freed, the Franchise Crosses $1 Billion
- SGX looks to avoid India's Nifty licence limits
- Modi meets French PM Philippe, discusses ways to strengthen ties
- Uncle charged with murder after death of niece, 11
- PM Modi delivers keynote address in UAE
- Jose Mourinho digs out Alexis Sanchez & Anthony Martial after Manchester United defeat
- Kendrick Lamar releases 'Black Panther' Soundtrack