A blur of one-touch passing, with Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Alex Iwobi switching positions behind Aubameyang, Arsenal's effervescent performance was by far their most encouraging of a season that sees them engaged in a draining battle to qualify for the Champions League.
Merson, though, believes that the signing of Aubameyang could prove to be Wenger's last throw of the dice.
The Armenian begun the 2017/18 campaign as one of Man United's best attacking players, claiming five assists in his first three games, but his form rapidly dwindled as time went on.More news: SGX looks to avoid India's Nifty licence limits
Aubameyang has inherited the No. 14 shirt worn by Henry and also compared himself to the French legend after joining the club - although he admitted he has a lot of work to do in order to follow in Henry's footsteps.
Gunners boss Wenger said: "I would say (he is most like) Thierry Henry with his quality of runs".
"Henry is the best goalscorer ever in Arsenal's history, so it doesn't mean he will score as many goals".
"He's scored goals in France, he is a good finisher, but I don't care who you are, what level you're at, confidence comes out of your game and you aren't the same player".
Their rocky patch at the end of previous year appears to be fully behind the club and Mauricio Pochettino's side come into this game unbeaten in 11 games, most recently seeing off Manchester United 2-0 before drawing 2-2 with Liverpool and overcoming Newport County 2-0 in an FA Cup fourth-round replay.More news: Why Tyga wants a DNA test done on Kylie's first born baby
In completely unrelated news, Mourinho's record as United manager against the top six in the Premier League, in the important matches, is six points won from a possible 27.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has explained the difference between and.
"But Henrikh made it clear that he wants to play in Europe".
Incredibly, the Gunners don't play again in the Premier League until March 1, when they take on league-leaders Manchester City.More news: North Korean media print pictures of South's Moon
- Will North Koreans try to defect at the Olympics?
- PM Modi delivers keynote address in UAE
- Winter Olympics 2018: South Korean figure skater Yura Min's wardrobe malfunction
- With Fifty Shades Freed, the Franchise Crosses $1 Billion
- Huddersfield boss Wagner delighted with 'huge win' over Bournemouth
- Villa beat rivals Birmingham to boost promotion push
- Duke snaps losing streak by dropping Georgia Tech
- Jerusalem was highlight of my year, says Donald Trump
- Angela Merkel insists 'painful' coalition talks have not undermined her authority
- Wisconsin men's basketball: Badgers look to start winning streak against MI