Colonelganj inspector, Awadhesh Singh said, "A restaurant owner, Amit Upadhyay informed police Saroj and his friends had come to the restaurant on Saturday night".More news: Why Pakistan's censor board finds Pad Man against Islamic culture
A second year student of LLB on Monday succumbed to his injuries two days after he was thrashed by a group following an altercation outside a restaurant here, the police said. He was rushed to a private hospital but did not survive. The arrest comes after a CCTV footage of the incident went viral on social media. Three people came, pushed us, abused and went to the restaurant on the first floor.
Police registered a case and started an investigation.More news: South Korea's chief invited to North Korea
The man who captured the video accused the police of coming too late and can also be heard in the video saying, " "The police will turn up only after he is dead".
An FIR was lodged against Singh and his friend under Sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 307 (attempt to murder) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) of IPC.More news: Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army
The prime accused was identified as Vijay Shankar Singh who is posted as a Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) with the Indian Railways, Kulhari said, adding that the accused is still at large. He had failed to inform the police about the incident, said the authorities. The visuals reveal that an accused, Vijay Shankar, was lifting bricks and iron rod from the road and bringing it down on the student's head, even his friend are making abortive bid to stop him.
- Researchers develop new malleable e-skin self-healable, recyclable
- Banks inquiry's first focus on lending
- More than 200 civilians dead after bloody week in Syria
- How to Watch the Winter Olympics, on TV and Mobile Devices
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- Australian sites among thousands hacked to include mining script
- Barcelona coach Valverde calm after Getafe stalemate
- A 17-Year-Old Snowboarder Chloe Kim To Dominate Winter Olympics 2018
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Shares Sold by JNBA Financial Advisors
- Zeid urges worldwide action as violence soars in Syria