Police were called to Kent Road just before 1am this morning after a neighbour heard a disturbance.
An 11-year-old girl who died after being stabbed several times was a "shining star", her father has said.
According to the force, she had suffered multiple injuries, including a serious head wound.
She was left in a critical condition, but lost her fight for life in hospital this afternoon.
A post mortem examination is due to take place today (Sunday 11 February) to determine the cause of death.More news: United States shares snap larger a day after coming into a 'correction'
On Saturday, Jasmine's father Simeon Forrester...
Amid dozens of bunches of flowers left by shocked friends and neighbours, on a card entitled "Loving memories of a special daughter", he had written: "My shining star".
Detective inspector Ian Wilkins of West Midlands police, said: "We are continuing to support Jasmine's family at this truly tragic time". We are utterly devastated.
Meanwhile an 80 year old woman is also being treated for a dislocated shoulder.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Walsall Magistrates' Court on Monday.More news: Here's everything awesome from Paul Pierce's jersey retirement ceremony
Police say they are not seeking anyone else in connection with the stabbing, but added if anyone has information please get in contact with us.
Police say the they now trying to determine the cause of incident.
He said: 'This is an extremely distressing incident and our sympathies go out to everyone affected.
"We are working to establish exactly what has happened, and fully understand the impact that this will have on the community".More news: PM Modi delivers keynote address in UAE
- Amid Olympic Détente, Pence Snubs North Koreans In Visit To Pyeongchang
- Will North Koreans try to defect at the Olympics?
- JB Hi-Fi shares slump on margin warning
- Full-length robes not a must for Saudi women: Cleric
- Canadian Figure Skaters Drop Horniest Part Of Routine To Secure #1 Spot
- Saudi Ritz-Carlton used as prison re-opens to the public
- Angela Merkel insists 'painful' coalition talks have not undermined her authority
- Mirai Nagasu was so pumped after nailing triple axel
- Duke snaps losing streak by dropping Georgia Tech
- Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un impersonators ejected from Opening Ceremony