"We launched new features to help people discover and talk about what's happening on Twitter, including making it easier to thread Tweets and expanding the character limit to 280 characters for more people around the world", said the company.
Twitter has finally broken its dry spell in the fourth quarter of 2017 as it posted its first ever quarterly profit of $91 million on revenue of $732 million.More news: Kim Jong-un invites South Korea's President to Pyongyang (Second Lead)
"Total revenue in the fourth quarter increased 2% year-over-year, and owned-and-operated advertising revenue increased 7% year-over-year, driven by continued strong engagement growth, improvements in our revenue products, improved return for advertisers, and better sales execution".
In a landmark quarter, a substantial surge in revenue saw Twitter easily breeze past analysts´ forecasts. However, it lost users in the U.S. after a clampdown on fake accounts.More news: Gophers ladies crush Penn State, begin homestand on excessive be aware
"Q4 was a strong finish to the year". Twitter revealed it had 330 million monthly active users in the final quarter of previous year. "I'm proud of the steady progress we made in 2017, and confident in our path ahead".
It also enjoyed a 2 per cent year-on-year hike in revenue to $732m.More news: Kim Jong-Un Invites South Korea's President To Summit Meeting
Twitter released its 4th quarterly report for the business year ending 2017 and it is full of surprises.
- Knife-wielding attacker kills 1, injures 12 in Beijing shopping mall
- Fiorentina-Juventus, le probabili formazioni. Marchisio dal 1′
- More than 200 civilians dead after bloody week in Syria
- South Africa's ruling ANC to finalise talks on Zuma's future
- Barnaby Joyce 'resisted' removing girlfriend Vikki Campion from office
- SFO charges Barclays over £2.2bn Qatar loan
- Turnover: Cavaliers overhaul roster with stunning series of trades
- Shoppers 'vote with wallets' as Aldi tops survey
- Banks inquiry's first focus on lending
- Instagram Testing Screenshot Alerts